- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Ophthalmic Clinical Officer
Jobs at:University of Nairobi Enterprises and Services (UNES)
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Duration: One Year Subject to 3 months’ probationary period
The purpose of this position is to provide clinical services to assigned areas of duty, to act as a technical assistant to the consultant ophthalmologist and resident ophthalmologists and to help in the growth of Eye Center in terms of Revenue Generation. The ophthalmic clinical officer will undertake various clinical tasks as directed by the supervisor from time to time. .
Reporting to the Consultant Ophthalmologist, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
• Provides clinical services to assigned duty station in the university eye centre
• History taking, examining, diagnosing, education and treating common ailments at the eye centre
• Guiding and counseling patients, clients and staff on health issues
• Sensitizing patients in preventive and promotive health
• Providing clinical outreaches support services
• Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skills in consultation with a consultant ophthalmologist
• Implementing community health care activities in liaison with other health workers
• Collecting and compiling data
• Assessing, preparing and presenting medico- legal reports
• Refers patients to appropriate health facilities after consultation with the consultant on duty
• Performs any other tasks as directed by the supervisor from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Higher Diploma in Ophthalmology from a recognized institution
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution Computer literate
• Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
• Clinical service skills
• Evidence in proficiency in computer application
• Supervisory Skills
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Ability to work Independently
• Ability to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary team
• Ability to maintain judgment under pressure
• Active listening
• Report writing
• Team player
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before June 17, 2020 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.