Global Fund Coral Reef Fiji Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant job at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
This consultancy post is in the Ecosystems Division at Marine and Freshwater Branch, under the direct supervision of Associate Expert and overall oversight of the Chief of the Marine and International Waters Unit.
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022
The overall objective of the UNEP's Ecosystems Division is to support countries in conserving, restoring and sustainably managing their terrestrial, freshwater, and marine ecosystems, the biodiversity they contain and the products and services they provide for human well-being and prosperity. The Division's mandate is to address the environmental causes and effects from an ecosystems' approach, including consequences of disasters and conflicts. It helps countries develop policies and programmes to respond to ecosystems challenges, and reduce pollution from land-based activities, increase resilience to climate change and reflect linkages between poverty and environment in their development planning.
• Development, coordination, and oversight of the programme’s M&E Plan and Framework that applies the key social, economic and environmental indicators to monitor in line with GFCR Global (Core) Indicators and other indicator categories; these include investment related indicators, and blue economy sector specific indicators such as indicators specific to waste management, fisheries, MPAs, mariculture, etc.
• When needed, provide guidance to implementing partners to identified strong candidates for intervention-specific impact measurement and strengthen relationships between project partners’ impact measurement teams to facilitate alignment between impact frameworks and data sharing.
• Provide guidance and training to intervention-specific impact measurement teams using the GFCR M&E Toolkit, as well as collaborate on data management, analysis and reporting.
• Work with implementing partners to establish the social, economic and environmental baseline conditions and targets before and perhaps during initial project activities and interventions
• To establish the impacts on social, economic and environmental indicators of project activities and interventions, compared to control sites where interventions have not taken place
• To provide an advisory and oversight function to programme interventions as impacts are measured, including the quality of data collection.
• To advise on interventions so that programme interventions do not cause unintentional negative social, economic or environmental impacts
• To provide inputs on the projected socio, economic, and environmental impact of possible deals being incubated through the Project’s investment readiness facility
• To collect, consolidate and analyse impact data for annual reporting
• To document lessons learned from programme interventions
• To analyze and synthesize and actively share. best practices arising from programme interventions, for potential replication and upscaling and share with the Convening Agent as well as the GFCR Global Team.
• Coordinate the recruitment of partners that will assist with data collection and monitoring of programme indicators and provide guidance for monitoring and data management
• Consult with the independent UNEP evaluation office consultant on the mid-term and terminal evaluations.
• Coordinate with UNEP Nairobi office, UNEP GFCR M&E consultants and GFCR Secretariat
• Strong analytical, reporting, and writing abilities;
• Excellent facilitation skills;
• Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, and report on work;
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
• Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
• Positive, constructive attitude to work
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree (or higher) in environmental sciences, international development, with specific academic or professional background related to climate change adaptation, monitoring and evaluation or other closely related fields is required, A first level degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the master's degree.
• Experience: At least 10 years of experience working with M&E is required;
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams, including local and expatriate technical experts is required;
• Demonstrated experience in project development, implementation and management is an asset
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022All About the Role
Advisors Deploy Program Management is an execution-oriented client facing competency that applies proven, accredited change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
• Delivering new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
• Successfully implementing complex technology assets and delivering the most challenging transformation programs to create the new business as usual
• Strengthening client’s internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
• Transforming client processes and optimizing their management practices
• Deploy is a new suite of consulting solutions designed to respond to fast evolving customer needs for execution support, with a dual mission: deployment and value realization over the entire lifetime of major assets. Value realization is a complex task, and with Deploy we can de-risk the entire client/asset journey, from implementation to adoption, usage, and product evolution. This is done through a set of new capabilities focused on expert execution support, that we are bringing in to complement the traditional Advisors areas of strength.
• As a Managing Consultant you will manage a portfolio of projects that support a strategy, a strategic change or initiative with significant impact on the organization. You will manage complexity and inherent risks across a wide range of business areas, where there are strong interdependencies and shared resources, and you will manage benefits from their initial identification and definition through to the eventual realization and achievement of measurable improvements.
All About You
• Experience in delivery of large enterprise level programs across the financial services sector from initiation to benefit realization
• Successful leadership of PMOs across different clients / businesses, identifying and mitigating risks, solving issues, developing plans and ensuring they are implemented in line with agreed timescales, budgets and quality criteria, including examples of re-aligning scope and objectives during a program to ensure maximum value extraction
• Formal accreditation in one or more recognized PM/PMO/ Change/Service management methodologies is expected at this level
• Develop strong bonds with clients that endure beyond a particular assignment, serves as a go-to resource for client staff, is sought out for knowledge of industry and firm
• Identify new business opportunities and communicates to executives to pursue, begin to lead sales calls and new client development including proposal contribution
• Analyze multiple aspects of client’s organizational systems and culture that serve as input into the stakeholder / relationship map sales process
• Effectively leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized solutions for client
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to direct workstreams across large multi-faceted project teams
• Strong writer, presenter and speaker, comfortable and ability to influence at all levels in an organization
• Able to use own initiative, develop solutions or adapt approaches to support the delivery of defined objectives and benefits
• Demonstrate authentic leadership and integrity, gravitas and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed environment, mentoring staff, evaluating performance and providing feedback
All About Your Education & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional accreditation such as Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable
• Fluent local office language and English required, other languages desirable
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
• Willingness to travel
Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2022Scope of work
• Develop conservation resource materials – tip sheets, fact sheets, graphics, media kits;
• Design the above-mentioned resource materials in ready-to-use/-share formats across all platforms (social media and legacy);
• Together with the Project Manager, plan forums, including identifying speakers and topics;
• Research, design and write each forum’s topic description and background, to be shared on EJN’s and Partners’ websites together with the registration link;
• Host/ moderate the conventions;
• Using the EJN process, identify partners and journalists to invite to forums;
• Prepare Pre and Post Surveys to be used by the forum’s attendees;
• Share speakers’ contacts and resource materials with the forum attendants during and after the forums;
• Follow up with the partners, journalists and all forum attendees to document and archive any story produced, or usage of the information shared at the forum;
• Write journalists story grants call, and together with EJN/ Internews staff help judge the applicants;
• Mentor the story grantees;
• Prepare reports after each forum; and
• In all duties, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
Qualifications we’re looking for
• Experience working as an environment journalist or as a communications lead for a conservation-based Organisation
• Expertise in graphic design
• An experienced public speaker with a demonstrated ability to host high level, multicultural events
• A good understanding of conservation, wildlife, the environment, and climate change issues in East Africa and most specifically in Kenya
• Media networks and contacts, or ability to build such networks
• Proven ability to work with diverse peoples and organizations
• University degree in Communications, Journalism, or any other equivalent educational background
LHSS East Africa: Cross-Border Health Consultant: Galafi/Dhikir (Djibouti/Ethiopia) job at Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job: 01 September 2022RESPONSIBILITIES:
The consultant will lead the execution of the following tasks:
• Conduct data collection and key informant interviews with local and national cross-border health authorities and stakeholders as needed to obtain information on current cross border processes for routine data validation, utilization, and sharing, current capacity development needs within the cross border, and current cross-border risk pooling and other financing schemes;
• Participate during analysis and synthetization of findings from data collection for inputs into a landscape analysis report;
• Participate during designing, tailoring, adaptation, and conducting of local capacity building exercises and provide need-based support for activities outlined within the project work plan.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health, health management, health information system, financing, or medicine, is required
• Minimum of 4 years’ prior experience working in the public and/or private sectors
• Experience working with national level health stake holders including ministry of Health(MOH) officials.
• Working experience and/or knowledge of cross-border health issues and/or, health information system, and/or financing sufficient to implement the Activity’s portfolio of interventions
• Experience in data collection to interpret and analyze results for decision making
• Experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building to local-level health stakeholders is preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with public, government officials, community leaders, colleagues, partners, and other key stakeholders
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Fluent local language ( Somali ) writing/speaking skills is preferred
• Fluency in writing and speaking in English is required
• Experience in rapid implementation and readily assessing gaps and current capabilities to provide technical assistance
Deadline of this Job: 01 September 2022Duties
Business Development / Implementation
• Identify business opportunities in consultancy and research
• Plan and develop consultancy and research programmes in order to generate the budgeted revenue for the year
• Ensure proper job planning based on the client needs and financial constraints
• Design and develop proposals for Consultancy and Research assignments
• Design, plan and facilitate workshops, seminars and consultancy assignments
• Participate in Consultancy and Research Assignments
• Monitor, evaluate performance and achievement of Consultancy and Research budget.
• Develop and nature relationships with clientele and partners of CORAT Africa in such a way that enhances better collaboration and customer loyalty
• Identify business opportunities and develop solutions for implementation
• Ensure cost effectiveness and budgetary control measures for adequate surplus margins on assignments
• Ensure effective and efficient implementation of assignments - effective cost control on each assignment through budgets and cost monitoring tools
• Coordinate successful implementation of the Consultancy Support Services under the Bread for the World Programme
• Planning for assignments with local partners in line with CSS funding agreement
• Prepare the Bi – annual narrative reports and ensure timely reporting to the donor partner
• Coordinate annual proposals for project funding
• Develop reports on assignments undertaken
• Review reports developed by Interns, Research Assistants, Consultants and Associate
Consultants on Consultancy and Research assignments
• Establish and maintain quality assurance on Consultancy and Research assignments
• Supervise and coordinate Associate Consultants on Consultancy and Research assignments
• Facilitate a supportive working atmosphere where all staff are valued
• Ensure successful achievement of your own performance targets
• Provide guidance and support to staff under your supervision to achieve their set performance targets
• Facilitate authorization of payments on assignments in which you are in-charge
• Undertake administrative role and coordination of the consultancy & research programmes
Budgets and Cost Control
• Monitor the annual departmental budget – Consultancy & Research Programmes
• Ensure that every assignment has a technical proposal and financial proposal
• Monitor assignment against budgets to avoid cost over runs
• Ensure payments to associate consultants are within the budget
• Control costs associated with the assignment such as printing, stationary, traveling etc to ensure that the assignment is profitable
• Any other duty as will be assigned by the Managing Director
• Knowledge and understanding in aspects
• Project Management, evaluations, needs assessment, feasibility studies, baseline surveys, strategic development and organizational development
• Good organizational and negotiation skills
• Excellent data processing and IT skills.
• Strong attention to details
• Good communication and public Relation skills
• Conceptual and analytical skills
• Good report & proposal writing skills
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a Management Position
• Experience in managing Donor Funded Projects and Reporting
• Experience in Donor Reporting
Education and Certification
• Essential: Masters’ degree in Strategic Management
• Desirable: Any other Recognized Professional Certifications
• High degree of self motivation
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Be of smart / professional appearance
• Tested integrity / Transparency
• Creative and innovative
• Mature person with diplomacy
• Client service oriented especially in pricing and service delivery
• Timely decisions in cost control and other financial decisions
• Flexibility in adjusting to sudden changes in work schedules
• Ability to travel out of normal work station and work for long hours, sometimes late into the night and during weekends and public holidays depending on the demands of the specific assignment.
• Be able to cope with pressure
• Be able to multi –task
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022Scope of Work and Deliverables
The AGEMCC Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Providing administrative coordination for the AGEMCC, including planning and executing both virtual and in-person aspects of the competition, communicating with competition participants (including competitors, judges, university representatives, and members of the audience), and contributing to and taking responsibility for the logistics of the competition.
• Coordinating planning meetings between the organizers of the AGEMCC and the AGEMCC Administering Committee, note taking, and following up on the execution of action points raised during these meetings.
• Leading the execution of all decisions and directives by the AGEMCC Administering Committee.
• Further developing and refining existing knowledge products, including judges’ briefs, logistical notes, clarification on the hypothetical case and moot court rules, and any other document created to disseminate knowledge to the competition participants.
• Coordinating and facilitating (as a trainer) the virtual information sessions with moot court participants.
• Serving as an information resource and primary and regular contact for all communication with moot court participants (including competitors, judges, university representatives, and audience members on relevant matters such as scheduling of rounds, fiscal support, management of records, and enforcement of moot court rules.
• Support external communications and publicity of the competition, including drafting and editing social media posts, press releases, statements, and other marketing materials.
• Developing and submitting periodic briefs and a comprehensive report at the end of the Competition.
• The consultancy period shall be five months, from mid-September 2022 to January 31, 2023.
• This consultancy will be part-time. However, the successful applicant will be required to work full time during the virtual competition rounds, the in-person competition rounds, and the award ceremony of the AGEMCC.
• The consultant will be required to lead weekly meetings with the organizers of the AGEMCC to discuss the planning of the competition, provide updates, take meeting notes and follow up on action points identified in these meetings.
• First degree in law, international relations, gender studies, human rights, or the humanities required. Candidates with moot court experience are highly encouraged to apply.
• At least two years of experience coordinating regional or national moot court competitions is required.
• Minimum two years of experience to support human rights, gender equality, or women’s empowerment required.
• Solid legal analysis and writing skills as well as an understanding of the key themes of the AGEMCC, including impeccable knowledge of the Maputo Protocol, the rights of women in Africa, and the intersection of women’s rights with digital and political rights required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French required. Additionally, the successful candidate must have demonstrable skills and experience in communicating with a wide range of actors, including high-level representatives from national governments and intergovernmental organizations, judicial and quasi-judicial institutions at the national and regional levels, academia, and civil society, as well as with students, university administrators and members of the public.
• Strong dispute resolution skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex problems when they arise.
• Strong organization skills, including the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work across multiple time zones.
• Excellent professionalism, including a commitment to upholding high standards of confidentiality, competence, integrity, accountability, and credibility.
• The total fees for this consultancy shall be seven thousand US dollars (USD 7000), subject to relevant statutory deductions under Kenyan law, which may be payable on a monthly pro-rated basis or based on the fulfilment of the deliverables.
Deadline of this Job: 23 August 2022asks Include
dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UN Environment's Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This post is in UN Environment/Ecosystems Division/Biodiversity and Land Branch. One of the primary focus outputs of the consultancy will be to continue to co-ordinate the work carried out for the assessment of UNEP’s climate and biodiversity related projects. The work of the individual consultant helps bridge internal UNEP’s Inclusive Wealth 2022 and Beyond GDP work.
• Provide technical inputs to develop communication and outreach strategy for the IWR 2022
• Technical editing and coordination with authors and reviewers of the IWR 2022
• The consultant shall be under the overall supervision of the Chief Environmental Economist and Senior Economic Advisor, Biodiversity and Land Branch (BLB) in Ecosystems Division of UN Environment Programme.
• Academic Qualifications: A PhD in Environmental Economics is required. A master's degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the PhD.
• Experience: A minimum of 7 years experience in fields related to Ecological Economics, such as ecosystem services, natural capital, and development policy is a requirement for the post.
Closing: 23 August 2022