Deadline of this Job: 13 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Deliverables and Estimated duration
• Contextualize the IPV module - 1 day
• Develop IPV administration protocol with a clear context referral mechanism for handling instances of IPV victims during data collection - 4 days
• Identify and hire Local GBV research assistants and enumerators to support with data collection - 2 days
• Train of the enumerators on GBV-IPV including data collection protocols - 3 days
• Lead and coordinate the data collection team, supervise data collection in the selected sites, quality checks and control of data collection - 15 days
• After Action review report. Data cleaning and sharing with OEV/ DIME team - 2 days
The exercise will be for 30 days effective from the date of signing the contract
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The Gender and GBV Assessment Consultant shall have;
• An advanced degree in gender studies, human rights, development studies, social sciences or other relevant fields
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the gender and GBV areas at different levels
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with networks in the gender, development, and humanitarian fields
• Specific experience in conducting qualitative research including key informant interviews and focus group discussions, with specific experience in working with women and at-risk groups
• Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Swahili. Knowledge of the local language spoken in Isiolo county is an added advantage
• Experience in working with diverse people in a culturally sensitive manner and in applying principles of ethical and safety researching GBV including sexual violence
• Knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Isiolo county
• Strong analytical and communication skills, including facilitation, organizing, partnership and teamwork
Consultant - Multisectoral and Multi-Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership job at World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job: 21 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
Purpose of consultancy
To provide technical expertise to the WHO Global Coordination Mechanism (GCM/NCD) located under the Global NCD Platform Department (GNP), in its efforts to enhance multisectoral and multi-stakeholder engagement, collaboration and action for the prevention and control of NCDs.
Decision-making Tool to support Member States in engaging with private sector entities for the prevention and control of NCDs.
Output 1: Contribute to the development of training materials to promote and disseminate the Decision-making Tool including the preparation of infographics, social media posts, briefings and any other relevant supporting documents
Output 2: Collaborate in the preparation and organization of dissemination and knowledge sharing events such as webinars, internal and global meetings, including:
2.1 The drafting of background documents and materials as part of the Road to 2025 (preparatory process leading to the fourth High-level Meeting of the United Nations General Assembly (HLM4) in 2025).
2.2 The provision of global coordination across WHO’ s 3 levels and external partners to disseminate the Decision-making Tool.
Output 3: Contribute to the compilation of three to six country examples on using the Decision-making Tool including:
3.1 The drafting of a concept note to support the development of the country examples
3.2 The preparation of background materials to develop the country case examples
3.3 The convening and facilitation of the workshops.
WHO global mapping report and collection of selected case studies on Multisectoral action (MSA) for the prevention and control of NCDs.
Output 4: Contribute to the compilation, analysis, launch and dissemination the Global Mapping Report on Multisectoral Action (MSA) for the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Disease including:
4.1 finalization, publication and dissemination of the Global Mapping Report
4.2 drafting of background documents and communications materials (briefings, social media posts, etc) for the launch event of the Global Mapping Report;
4.3 convening of in-person and webinar events with Member States and other relevant stakeholders to promote knowledge collaboration.
Output 5: Contribute to the compilation, analysis, launch and dissemination of the collection of selected Case Studies on Experiences of MSA for the Prevention and Control of NCDs and Mental Health including:
5.1 preparation of a special report with analysis of practices, experiences and approaches utilized by Member States to develop national and subnational multisectoral responses for the prevention and control of NCDs and mental health conditions to be submitted to the World Health Assembly (WHA)
5.2 finalization, publication and dissemination of the compilation of the cases studies
5.3 drafting of background documents and communications materials (briefings, social media posts, etc.) for the launch event of the compilation of the cases studies with Member States and relevant stakeholders
5.4 convening of in-person and webinars events with Member States and other relevant stakeholders to promote knowledge collaboration.
Output 6: Collaborate on the production of the BMJ series on Multisectoral Action for NCDs to promote selected successful approaches including:
6.1 liaison and coordination with country focal points for the preparation of case study articles to be submitted to the BMJ;
6.2 drafting two peer-reviewed articles (scope to be defined);
6.3 drafting of background documents for the launch event of the BMJ Series with Member States and relevant stakeholders
6.4 convening of in-person and webinars events with Member States and other relevant stakeholders to promote knowledge collaboration
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages.
• Master’s degree with a focus on public health, global health, global affairs or other related field.
• At least seven years’ experience at the national and/or international levels in public health policy or program, global health or related area.
• Proven experience on multisectoral and/or multi-stakeholder collaborations in health and, preferably on the prevention and control of NCDs.
• At least two years’ experience working in NCD prevention and/or control.
• At least two years’ experience conducting country missions, facilitating workshops, coordinating projects in countries.
• At least two years’ experience working for WHO or other United Nations Agencies.
• Strong understanding of the NCD and mental health agendas.
• Understanding of partnership landscape in NCD and mental health agendas, including matters related to non-State actors.
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Sound technical knowledge of global public health.
• Ability to work under pressure, be flexible, meet short deadlines and maintain diplomacy.
• Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of professional conduct.