Deadline of this Job: 03 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
• Managing and leading the entire product and projects methodology cycle from design, implementation, support, documentation, maintenance to production.
• Leading the design and implementation of our APIs with external parties systems to ensure scalability, Security and Reliability
• Double up as a cloud DevOps and data architect leader
• Managing, Guiding, Leading, Project management and Planning of tasks with the junior and senior software developers and data team in line with agile methodology strategy. As well as listening to their suggestions and inputs without any discrimination whatsoever
• Identifying and hiring tech talent including ensuring tech talent retention strategies while strengthening the tech culture in the company. In addition, they use their soft skills to keep development and engineering teams motivated.
• Setting up internal support systems and processes to ensure smooth real time tracking of issues/bugs and documentations of issue resolutions and SLAs.
• Assist in strategic planning and requirements analysis for internal and external stakeholders
• Develops new frameworks to balance the technical resource usage by ensuring that all resources are being efficiently and securely used.
• Lead and guide in tech best practices and standards in our tech stack and documentation
• Conduct frequent code reviews, audit and product/APIs documentation
• Designing and scaling the tech and data products/strategy architecture including credit scoring and server system architecture
• Ensuring systems security and confidentiality measures are enhanced
• Research and provide recommendations on tech tools including efficient and scalable development of features, products and new roll outs within Kenya and other countries
• Building quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
• Join or represent Pezesha management in strategic technical meetings/events
• Mentorship and knowledge transfer to the engineering and data teams
• Align the tech with all the other components of the business from credit operations, data, credit scoring to field operations.
• Support structures and advisory where needed to ensure creativity, innovation throughout the entire organization.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience
• Degree in a relevant technical field or Google certifications will be a bonus
• At least 5+ years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker and/or cloud deployment technologies- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
• 5+ years' experience of working on distributed systems
• You speak languages like PHP, Laravel, Python or Scala is good to have
• Excellent knowledge of Cloud Technology and Microservices
• Knowledge of Linux software packaging, distribution, and configuration
• Strong organizational and time-management abilities
• Experience with container networking on Docker.
• Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
• Experience with monitoring and alerting tools
• Experience in cyber security
• At least 5+ years of experience with SQL
• Results-driven by nature, a flawless executor with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
• An effective leader and team-player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the Engineering team
• Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality technology products/services in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business judgment, ability to set clear vision and goals and drive the organization in delivering to those goals
Consultant for Data Collection in a Cluster Randomized Trial in Kenya job at International Food Policy Research Institute
Deadline of this Job: 16 January 2023JOB DETAILS:
Required qualifications of the consultant
• Excellent track record in overseeing surveys for randomized controlled trials in developing countries, especially in Kenya
• Demonstrated capacity in the financial management of and accounting around large-scale household surveys
• Expert knowledge of SurveyCTO and related software for administering surveys using computer-assisted personal interviewing methods
• Experience in building trust and good relations with implementing partners and other project stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills of the research team that will be involved in managing the survey
• Having infrastructure on the ground in Kenya to implement a survey
• Demonstrated experience with surveys around the subject of agricultural economics
• Having existing research approvals in place for this type of survey