Assistant Finance Officers
Jobs at:lutheran world federation
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The LWF Kenya – Somalia Finance Unit is responsible for all financial functions in LWF Kenya and Djibouti, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance. The LWF Kenya – Somalia Finance Unit ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as LWF World Services' internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Unit, the Finance Unit provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Representative and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review payment requisitions; Prepare journal vouchers and bank payment vouchers; ensure all payment transactions are properly documented ensuring that payments are effected by the monthly deadline.
• Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
• Prepare all transaction summaries and ledger entries for posting in the SAGE Accounting System;
• Prepare cheques or Electronic Funds transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
• Propose monthly cash requirements ( forecast, projection) for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
• Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions; Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts daily.
• Maintain the un-cleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Officers
• Maintains up to date payment/receipt vouchers for all financial transactions in an orderly filing system. Organizes the box files – payment vouchers, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers, and all other financial documents in an orderly manner;
• Prepare and timely remittance of statutory payments at the beginning of every month to mid- month and ensure the relevant necessary documentation is in order and attached;
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and other Balance sheet reconciliations as will be assigned.
• Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
• Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
• Prepare, update and share payments tracker with all departments on payments status on a weekly basis
• Other duties as assigned.
• A degree (Bachelor) in accounting or a relevant business field and a complete ACCA or CPA or equivalent professional qualification.
• A minimum of Three years working experience in an International Non-Governmental Organization in a similar position.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
• Accuracy in processing bank transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
Other Specific Skill Requirements’
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
• A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
• Planning and organization skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work on pressure and on irregular working hours
• Flexible to be deployed to work in any part of the country where LWF has sub offices
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.