Jobs at:Sidian Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 10 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The candidate will be responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate reconciliations; analysis and communication of the same to management for decision making in accordance with the set guidelines.
Reconciliations preparation and review
Fixed assets management
Reporting – Management & Regulatory
1. Prepare various Bank reconciliations ensuring they are accurate & timely as well as follow up resolution of reconciling items. Reconciliations include but not limited to Branch reconciliations, Nostro & CBK reconciliations, Correspondent accounts, Transit accounts, clearing accounts, Bankers cheques, etc.
2. Review various Operations reconciliations ensuring they are accurate, timely and reconciling items resolved i.e. Channels reconciliations, Mpesa, Money Gram, Western Union, Visa, Pesalink, etc.
3. Ensure accruals of expenses are accurately processed before the end of the month.
4. Ensure accurate reversal & processing of accrued expenses after receipt of the actual invoices.
5. Prepare various schedules for analysis and booking, e.g. prepayment schedules, rent schedules, etc.
6. Preparation and timely submission of the daily Foreign exchange report to CBK while ensuring the accuracy of the same. Also prepare and submit other CBK reports as will be allocated.
7. Ensure accurate and safe archiving of all relevant documents and vouchers in the department.
8. Review and process income reversal requests in line with policy.
9. Maintaining the Fixed assets register and ensuring that depreciation, acquisitions, and disposals are posted correctly and on a timely basis as well as ensuring Work In progress capitalization is done as required.
10. Manage external and internal audits ensuring all required data is provided and audits completed on a timely basis.
11. Provide relevant information for audit, CBK & other reviews as appropriate.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
1. The role is highly guided by Policies and Procedures;
2. Decision on work scheduling.
1. University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance.
2. Two years working experience in Banking.
3. Professional qualifications: Minimum of CPA part 1 or equivalent qualification.\
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
1. Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills;
2. Excellent customer service, client relationship management, communication, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
3. Sense of judgement and common sense with both qualitative and quantitative tools to provide sound and comprehensive analysis/evaluation on complex credit applications;
4. Excellent with numbers and MS Excel proficiency.
5. Ability to work under pressure
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.