Local Individual Contractor - Programme for Legal Empowerment and Aid Delivery (Plead II)- Wajir
Jobs at:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the assignment:
• The purpose of the assignment is to support the implementation of PLEAD II interventions in collaboration with the Management team of the Programme.
Specific tasks to be performed by the Individual Contractor:
• Under the overall supervision of the Regional Representative in the UNODC Regional Office for Eastern Africa (ROEA) and direct supervision of the UNODC ROEA Head of the Crime Prevention and PLEAD Programme Management Officer, and in close cooperation and consultation with the Associate Programme Officers and PLEAD II partners, the Individual Contractor will perform the following tasks:
• Support the Preparation of operational guidelines, as and when required, for enhanced programme planning, monitoring, coordination, and evaluation.
• Supporting the continued implementation of the anti-corruption interventions for PLEAD II
• Support the Development and contributing to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g., draft background papers, briefing notes, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies and inputs to publications, relating to the implementation of the PLEAD II Project.
• Assist in preparing, planning, and facilitating workshops for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and other Justice sector Actors and in developing action plans.
• The provision of support to best practices missions related to PLEAD II.
• Assist in review the status of ongoing activities and advise on necessary follow ups or corrective actions. As well as monitoring developments that impact the academic and private sectors and provide regular briefs where such developments are analysed and links to relevant activities are highlighted.
• Provide administrative and substantive support in regard to consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc;
• Provide substantive support with regard to consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying suitable participants, preparation of documents and presentations on key subject matter areas.
• Assist substantively while undertaking and participating in local missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission reports.
• Support the preparation operational guidelines, as and when required, for enhanced programme planning and coordination.
• Maintain and provide a record of reports and media items for the implemented activities of project.
• Support to consultants and Programme Officers in the development of policy documents, through research, administration of surveys and field visits.
• Support procurement activities (eg drafting of terms of reference);
• Support of the development of fact sheets, newsletters, reports and other communication materials.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of two years of work experience in criminal justice, law or related areas is required.
• Experience in collecting and researching data across various areas related to criminal justice and drafting of related technical reports is required
• Working experience in an international organization or the United Nations system would be desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
• For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage. Basic knowledge of Swahili is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) on careers.un.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.