13 Principal Resource Mobilization Officer
Jobs at:The National Treasury and Economic Planning
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• An officer at this level will be responsible to the Assistant Director - Resource Mobilization, and will be deployed in any of the functional areas. Specific duties and responsibilities entail:
• Preparing domestic and external borrowing outturn;
• participating in the preparation and review of domestic borrowing annualplan;
• reviewing project proposals, monitoring and evaluating projects;
• analyzing loan proposals;
• recommending duty and Value Added Tax (VAT) exemptions for Donorfunded projects;
• carrying out due diligence on new debt instruments;
• participating in the development of primary and secondary domestic debtmarket;
• participating in issuance of public debt instruments and negotiatingdomestic and external loans;
• drafting ondvettinq the terms and conditions for guarantees;
• assisting in evaluation of external loans proposals;
• reviewing financing and credit agreements for loans, grants and donations;and representing .Ireosurv in the Auction committee meetings at theCentral Bank of Kenya (CBK).
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• Served at the grade of Senior Resource Mobilization Officer "CSG 9' (JobGroup "L') or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service; forat least three (3) years;
• Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science,Information Technology, Economics, Economics and Statistics, Economicsand Mathematics, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognizedinstitution;
• Certificate in any of the following: Public Debt Management, Project Management, Debt Management, Performance Assessment, DebtSustainability Analysis or Macro- Economic Analyses and Modeling, FinancialModeling/Reporting, Public Debt Management, Public Debt Restructuring,Negotiation skills,Debt Recording System or equivalent qualification from arecognized institution;
• Computer proficiency; and
• Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their one completed application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) which should be send to;
The Principal Secretary
P. O. Box 30007-00100, NAIROBI
3rd Floor,room 303 so as to reach the office on or before 30th June, 2023
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Accdernic and Professional certificates.
Please note that:
• Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
• Only shortlisted end successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Treasury is, committed to implementing fhe provisions of the Constitution - Chapter 232(1) on fair competition and merit, representation ofKenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities tomen and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
Therefore, People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities areencouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.