2 Accountant (KMFRI Grade 7)
Jobs at:Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 17 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and responsibilities in this position will entail:
1. Participating in preparation of periodic budget(s);
2. Assisting in the Institute budget making process and revision of the same;
3. Maintaining and updating the vote book entries;
4. Undertaking monthly variance analysis from the vote book;
5. Capturing income and expenditure data in the accounting system;
6. Identifying officers with outstanding balances and ascertain closing balances at the end of every month;
7. Processing statutory deductions for timely submission to comply with the regulations;
8. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for review by the management at the Centers/Stations and Headquarters;
9. Preparing periodic outstanding imprest reports, cash flow reports to assist in decision making;
10. Undertaking bank reconciliations;
11. Verifying and Examining payment vouchers and staff imprest warrants;
12. Accounting for project funds including the preparation of donor fund expenditure analysis reports for review by management;
13. Maintaining and controlling financial documents by filing and storing financial reports for future retrieval and reference;
14. Maintaining accountable documents.
Requirements for appointment/Persons Specification
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management (Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution, or completed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) of Kenya examinations, or its equivalent qualification;
2. Minimum KCSE C+ (plus) or its equivalent;
3. Proficiency in computer applications;
4. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Other Key Competencies and Skills
1. Analytical skills;
2. Good Communication skills;
3. Good Interpersonal skills; and
4. Good Organizational skills;
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Monday, 17th July 2023.
• The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
• SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during the interviews.
• Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
• KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.