Jobs at:Kenya Bureau of Standards
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Implements finance policies, strategies, and procedures in the assigned section/region to improve the financial health of the organization for the purposes of facilitating and supporting KEBS mandate on Standards, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (SMCA);
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Prepares bank reconciliation reports and ensure that cash book and balance statement are in line with the operational account entries;
• Provides bank charges schedule on a monthly basis for all accounts for management accounts and final accounts;
• Implements annual budget and ensures revenue and expenditure is kept within the budget;
• Reconciles and updates supplier statements with KEBS records and responds to customer queries;
• Prepares payment vouchers and imprests upon receipt of complete documentation from user departments, and recording in the payment circulation register and forwarding certification, examination and approval;
• Monitors payments processing, Vote balances, charging of proper votes, and recommend correction on deviated expenditure;
• Maintains and secures accountable documents and financial records;
• Reconciles and accounts for all revenue received from all regions and headquarters against banking to ensure services rendered are paid for;
• Verifies the validity of supplier payments by checking whether proper authority and all the necessary supporting documents are attached for purposes of payment;
• Examines casual, temporary payroll deductions staff payment to ensure accuracy and compliance with statutory deductions;
• Reconciles balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger with the summary-level account in the general ledger for annual accounts;
• Sets objectives and performance indicators to improve productivity in Finance section in line with the corporate strategic plan;
• Implements Management Systems adopted by KEBS for the purpose of ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and sustained customer satisfaction in the finance section; and
• Implements strategies for handling and resolution of complaints and appeals to enhance customer satisfaction in the respective section; and
• Processing regional reimbursements and ensuring expenditures sent from the regions are within accounting procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant, CPA (K);
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
• Certified Investment and Financial Analyst(CIFA); or
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please visit the careers page on KEBS website: https://www.kebs.org for detailed job profile/description and instruction on how to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates applications should be submitted either SOFTCOPY to email@example.com or HARDCOPY sent by post or hand delivered to KEBS HQ office addressed to the address below, indicating VACANCY NAME on the envelope on or before 15th February, 2023 at 17:00 HRs, EAT enclosing/attach Cover letter, a detailed CV with full details on education background, professional qualifications and relevant experience together with copies of Testimonials, Academic Certificates and National Identification Card.
The Managing Director, Kenya Bureau of Standards
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 54974 - 00200 NAIROBI.
KEBS DOES NOT charge any fee in the recruitment process.
Persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Academic Qualifications of external origin MUST be accompanied with a recognition and equation certificate from the relevant body in Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All degree applicants for engineering related qualifications must be Registered as Graduate Engineers.
The applicants must comply with Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.