2 Finance Assistant
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Assistant (2 Positions)
Vacancy Number: IOMRONBO/SVN/005/2022
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Finance Officer, and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the Finance Assistant will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
• Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
• Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget;
• Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
• Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues;
• Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
• Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
• Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
• Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
• Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
• Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required;
• Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
• Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
• Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
• Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience. or,
• High School diploma with five years of relevant experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
• Qualified CPA or ACCA or equivalent qualification is highly desirable;
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules
• and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1*
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08 May 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.