Grant Officer - 2 Positions
Jobs at:Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
Deadline of this Job:
03 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role entails supporting the site program accountants in all aspects of financial management and compliance and ensuring that the financial management aspects of the KCCB ACTS Program are met within the objectives of the grant.
• Supporting the Program Officers in the region in all aspects of financial management including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
• Review sites staff recruitment requests and ensuring the approval is granted from program senior management team prior to commencing the interview process.
• Ensuring that all donor financial requirements are met and that donor reports are timely and accurate and ensure compliance to policies and procedures in all areas.
• Contributing to capacity building of finance staff in the region in financial management and interpretation of financial information for management decision-making.
• Assist in the preparation of Zonal monthly financial reporting on a timely and accurate manner and ensure compliance to policies and procedures in all areas.
• Provide Management monthly report on a timely basis with records of unsupported costs.
• Co-ordinate and review sites disbursements requests for accuracy and reasonableness.
• Liaise with external auditors during site visits while conducting annual audits.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics.
• Professional Qualification in CPA, ACCA, CMA.
• 3-5 years financial accounting experience preferably in an USG environment
• Excellent IT skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems
• Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of donor compliance rules and regulations for the major donors
• Experience of working with and reporting to international donors, in particular, experience of managing multiple budgets at the same time
Other Personal Attributes
• Has good interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to learn and has a positive attitude to the job
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and good interpersonal skills;
• Critical thinking: In reviewing trends, information, and outcomes, s/he will need to be able to deduce reasons for these results and
• consider alternative possibilities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.