2 Medical Specialist II (Anaesthesia)
Jobs at:Kenyatta National Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
03 April 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Medical Specialists are responsible to the Head of Department in the provision of specialized diagnostic, curative, rehabilitative and preventive health care services to the population under their care; they are entrusted to provide quality health care services
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement clinical decisions for specialised quality inpatient and outpatient care that includes provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services;
• Implement hospital programmes within their respective specialities
• Champion continuous quality healthcare standards and patient safety guidelines
• Assist in mentoring and coaching of staff in the respective specialities;
• Coordinate intervention activities and programs for training health professionals in community health and health management in hospitals/health facilities
• Implementing clinical review protocols procedures and work instructions for the practice of specialized care
• Coordinating and managing referral care within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies
• Consult with other specialists to solve single or multiple medical issues as required by patients in the hospital
• Undertaking research activities in the speciality and implement the research findings to improve quality of service delivery
• Performing emergency medical procedures
• Collaborates, writes and responds to requests for consultation from other Specialist throughout the Hospital in the diagnosis and management of patients not directly under his/her care.
• Providing high standards of specialized clinical services to patients in the wards and specialized clinics
• Performing regular rounds with the registrars and other officers to assist in patient management.
• Communicating to all patients under their care about the nature of their illness and the outlook in treatment of their well-being so that they understand the full extent of their recovery or disability as may be the case.
• Carryout specialized diagnostic, therapeutic medical or surgical procedures
• Accepting responsibility for the teaching of the highest standards of medical practice to medical specialists-in-training, medical officers, medical interns and other students;
• Executing Medico-legal duties including filling of P3 forms, court attendance and forensic duties
• Participating in community diagnosis, preventive & promotive care and treatment;
• Utilizing patient data to benefit the customer and service provider;
• Undertake medical research & clinical audits and implementing the findings.
Qualifications and Experience
• Masters of Medicine degree in Internal Medicine or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB.) or its equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
• Specialist recognition certificate in Internal Medicine from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Council. However, physicians that have finished Mmed in Internal Medicine and are undergoing pre-KMPDC registration attachment are encouraged to apply.
• Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
• Valid practicing license in Internal Medicine from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
• Professional Indemnity Cover.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are requested to download and fill the application form. The application form together with a detailed C.V listing the qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or before 3rd April, 2023 to the address below:-
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.