2 Procurement Officers
Jobs at:Vihiga County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Procurement Officers
The Procurement Officer shall report to the County Director Supply Chain Management and shall be responsible for implementing procurement processes in the county government.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch;
• Assist the Director Supply Chain Management in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals;
• Routing, copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
• Researching on pricing, obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
• Assist in coordination of the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and distribution of contract documents accordingly;
• Assist in management of the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract;
• Preparation of management information and statistical reports;
• Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose;
• Perform other duties related to the field as assigned by the DSCM
• Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
• A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
• Good understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and regulations thereof.
• Familiar with IFMIS – E-procurement system.
• Degree in Procurement in Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
• Proficiency in computer.
• Must be familiar with use of IFMIS e- procurement.
• Must have at least one (1) year experience in relevant field.
• Registered by the relevant professional body
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 30th day of November, 2022. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.