Jobs at:African Population And Health Research Center (APHRC)
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The APHRC seeks to recruit two Program Accountants to join a team of other finance professionals at the Center.
• Provide support to project staff by ensuring cost effective utilization of resources;
• Monitor project expenditure to ensure they are in line with donors’ agreements. Prepare donor financial reports;
• Monitor projects expenditure against the budgets and provide frequent feedback to the project managers and project staff on budget matters;
• Review field imprest / staff travel advance to ensure adherence to set procedures;
• Review partner institutions’ expenditure accounting and prepare funds disbursements;
• Participate in proposal development, preparing budgets and other administrative sections;
• Prepare for project audits by continuously reviewing accounts for accuracy and provide support to auditors during project financial audits;
• Process payments and funds transfer; and
• Ensure proper records management and compliance with internal and external requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA III) or Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in an international NGO.
• Proficiency in Navision (MS Dynamics).
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.