Project Accounts Assistant - C HERP
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main role of the accounting assistants will be to support the Project Accountant by performing clerical tasks. This including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fact checking, filing, and other duties, as needed. Understand basic accounting principles and proficient with computers and software, such as MS Excel. Should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Project Accountant include, but are not limited to: -
• Preparation, Review and filing of payroll and payroll documents including Payslip generation and statutory deductions submissions to the respective bodies (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB) monthly for all the contracted project staff.
• Liaising with Project Accountants in on all the financial matters.
• Collecting and consolidating the financial statements from the project on quarterly basis.
• Prepare periodic statements of expenditure (SOE) reports and fund replenishment requests, carefully checking and inspecting all supporting documents.
• In collaboration with Project implementing entities, to prepare quarterly and annual financial reports in the standard format(s) included in annex I on Financial Management Procedures.
• In consultation PM and Project Accountant, to oversee the establishment and proper maintenance of accounts system in all the counties in accordance with the PFM and financial regulations and procedures of the NT.
• Support the PMT in the facilitation of internal and external financial audits at the counties
• Other project-related responsibilities as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
• Familiarity with finance regulations
• Good analytical skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
• Hands-on experience with MS Excel
• Organization skills, Good Communication skills, fluency in required in English and great interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
• Must have Minimum of CPA 2 and Bachelor’s degree in a relevant accounting field
• Previous engagement with Project is an added advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The terms of reference on the posts can be accessed on the Ministry’s website www.health.go.ke and the Public Procurement Information Portal www.tenders.go.ke
Applications should include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation. Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications ONLINE through the Ministry’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org . so as to reach the Ministry on or before 24th August, 2022 11:00 am.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.