20 County Revenue Clerk I
Jobs at:Homa-Bay County
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description For Revenue Clerk I
1. Handling regular revenue collection transactions;
2. Collect and post revenue to appropriate accounts for charged fees and other money paid to the county;
• Analyzing and reporting market trends;
1. Map, identify revenue sources and report defaulters to ensure the county collects all the revenue due;
2. Verify other deposit from the county offices and agencies and other revenue due to the county;
3. Prepare daily, weekly and monthly revenue reports per each collection stream;
• Issue inventory and check accountable documents;
• Carry out inspection of business premises for issue of business permits and issue out of single business invoices;
1. Making entries in accountable documents, including electronic;
2. Liaising with enforcement unit in dealing with defaulters;
3. Implementing the established revenue procedures;
• Reporting on the level of compliance with revenue laws and regulations;
• Custodian and accountable of all official revenue documents in the locality;
• Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Be a Kenyan Citizen;
2. Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
• Certificate in Computer Applications;
1. Relevant working experience in revenue or routine clerical work will be an added advantage;
2. Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants should submit their application letters together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents either electronically through the County website: https://www.homabay.go.ke/career/ or physically delivered to the Homa-Bay County Public Service Board Offices in Homa Bay Town through hand delivery or through Post Office using the address below. Applicants should clearly indicate the position(s) applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
• The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
• Homa Bay County Public Service Board,
• P.O. Box 95 – 40300,
• Homa Bay County is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received on or before Wednesday 7th December 2022 at 5:00 P.M. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.