2023 Kiswahili Resident Teacher (Tatu Day School)
Jobs at:Nova Pioneer
Deadline of this Job:
05 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring Kiswahili Specialist Teachers to oversee the daily learning for our primary school students within a teaching team. You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organizing of school events and functions (e.g. inter-house competitions, concerts, school plays, culture days, Kiswahili competitions, and award evenings.)
You will also:
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
• Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
• Developing, reviewing and updating schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum in partnership with the Learning Design team.
• Setting assessments for subject areas/topics when requested or called upon
• Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
• Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
• Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
• Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
• Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development ranging from records of work covered, progress records, students' rubrics, and portfolios
• Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests
• Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
• Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
• Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Create opportunities for students to learn and appreciate the language through projects and interactions - virtual or physical
• Assist in bus loading and unloading
Skills and Qualifications required:
• TSC certification and Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma
• You have 3+ years of distinctive experience in teaching Kiswahili
• You have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
• You have strong classroom management skills
• You have an understanding of and passion for inquiry-based, student-centered learning.
• You have a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem-solving.
• You care deeply about personal growth and also about developing others
• You have experience teaching early learners and exposure to Montessori learning
• You have good working skills with technology such as Zoom, Google Suites (Gmail, Google Slides), Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
• You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
• You are flexible and open to change - you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
• You are a problem solver - you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
• You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
• You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.