- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chief Executive Officer
Jobs at:The Association of Consulting Engineers of Kenya (ACEK)
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Association of Consulting Engineers of Kenya (ACEK) is a membership organization which was founded in 1968. Its main objective is to promote the advancement of the professionalism within the consulting engineering sector and cooperation among consulting engineers. ACEK is an affiliate of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC).
ACEK is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the day to day management of all affairs of the institution in accordance with the ACEK Constitution. He/She will serve as a link between the Council and the Secretariat and will oversee implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure all ACEK operations are in conformity with prevailing statutory and regulatory requirements. The Chief Executive Officer will, in addition, implement the ACEK strategy as directed by the Council. .
Major Tasks of the Position
• Implement the decisions of the Council.
• Execute the institution’s strategic plan.
• Develop and implement financial and operational plans of the institution.
• Administer and manage the institution’s resources and staff.
• Mobilize Resources to support the Institution.
• Manage, coordinate and oversee implementation of programs, project activities and events as set out in the Strategic Plan, Calendar of Events and as directed from time to time by the Council.
• Coordinate and direct research on issues of interest to the consulting engineering industry from a national, regional and global perspective.
• Keep abreast with new developments in policies, laws, protocols, programmes and standards at national, regional and global levels and formulate the contribution and participation of ACEK.
• Develop and maintain strategic collaboration, linkages and partnerships with other business professional associations.
• Establish and maintain close relationship with government institutions, regulatory bodies, development partners, community and other stakeholders.
• Represent the Institution in meetings and other forums as directed by the Council.
• Coordinate the publication of ACEK quarterly newsletter and any other publication as may be directed by the Council.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum-Bachelor’s degree from a Recognized University.
• Those with engineering degrees are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum 8 years working experience of which 3 years at Management Level.
• Well versed with public procurement regulations.
• Experience in publication
• Be a member of a relevant professional body.
• Experience in a business or professional association will be an added advantage
• Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of service
Three-year contract renewable on satisfactory performance. Basic salary plus Variable Compensation based on Performance of agreed KPI’s.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your application letter stating your current and expected remuneration, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 21st August 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.