40 Assistant Director, Internal Audit Services
Jobs at:The National Treasury and Economic Planning
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 19 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
• served for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3 ) of which should have been at the grade of Senior Internal Auditor, CSG ‘9’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
• a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Finance or Accounting option), Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution plus Certified Public Accountants III (CPAK) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) III;
• be a member of either IIA, ICPAK, ACFE, ISACA or any other recognized professional body;
• demonstrated administrative capabilities, competence in planning, conducting and supervising both financial and management audits; and
• demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Possession of Certificate in any of the following: Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor, or Forensic Auditing from a recognized institution will be considered an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Assistant Internal Auditor General will be responsible to the Senior Internal Auditor General for the management of Internal Audit activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes of a public entity and recommend improvements;
• undertaking audit verification assignments;
• supervising compilation of audit findings and audit working papers for assignments;
• preparing assignment work/engagement plan;
• preparing internal audit reports;
• reviewing audit findings and audit working papers for assignments;
• leading a team of auditors;
• monitoring implementation of audit recommendations;
• coaching and mentoring of staff; and
• preparing training projections and budgets.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.