County Accountant II
Jobs at:Homa-Bay County
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description For Accountant Ii
1. Dealing with accounting operations in an accounting unit or County Treasury.
2. Preparation and verifications of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
• Maintenance of Primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns etc.
1. Safe custody of Government records and assets under him or her.
2. Writing cheques and posting payment and receipt vouchers in the cash books, balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis.
3. Arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times.
• Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books.
• Preparation of expenditure and authority to incur expenditure (AIE) funding returns on quarterly basis at County treasury level.
1. Preparation of appropriation in aid (AIA) returns on quarterly basis at County treasury level.
2. Paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations.
3. Receipting of all money due and payable to Government.
• Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Head of Treasury (Accounting).
1. Be a Kenyan Citizen.
2. Be a holder of CPA Part Two or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option).
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
1. Have knowledge in Computerized Accounting
Relevant Professional experience of at least one (1) year in Public or Private Sector. Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants should submit their application letters together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents either electronically through the County website: https://www.homabay.go.ke/career/ or physically delivered to the Homa-Bay County Public Service Board Offices in Homa Bay Town through hand delivery or through Post Office using the address below. Applicants should clearly indicate the position(s) applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
• The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
• Homa Bay County Public Service Board,
• P.O. Box 95 – 40300,
• Homa Bay County is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received on or before Wednesday 7th December 2022 at 5:00 P.M. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.