7 Chief Accountant
Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
A Chief Accountant will be deployed to head one or more divisions of an Accounting Unit.
Work at this level will be similar to those performed by the Senior Accountant but of wider scope and higher complexity. Work at this level will include:
• Planning, directing, coordinating, supervising areas of control, training and development of staff under him/her;
• Setting targets for the division and may occasionally be required to undertake ad hoc assignments relating to accounting services.
• The officer may be called upon to assist in preparations of final accounts;
• The officer will ensure safe custody of Government assets and records under him/her;
• Responsible for authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
• The officer will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of management reports that fall under his/her division;
• He/She will be responsible for providing guidance to officers under him/her to achieve the desired results.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• Served in the grade of Senior Accountant, Job Group ‘L’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• A Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from the Kenya School of Government or any other recognized institution.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Only County Government of Kericho employees are eligible to apply and are required to register first through:
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
• Applicants MUST attach letter of Appointment/last promotion
• Applicants MUST attach original scanned: National Identity
• cards /passport, Appointment/promotion letters, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates other testimonials on or before Friday 9th July, 2023.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County Public Service Board website.
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.