Audit Associate II Nairobi
Jobs at:The Office of the Auditor-General
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 21, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purposes of the Job
This is this the entry and training grade for the Audit staff. The position is responsible for the execution of audit functions assigned, and assists in the delivery of timely documentation of audit findings to management for review. The successful candidates will be posted to any of the OAG Regional offices located in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Garissa, Machakos, Kakamega, Embu, Nyeri, Isiolo and Homa Bay.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in conducting audit assignments and assurance in the auditee institutions i.e. Ministries, Departments, Agencies, State Corporations and Counties according to the prescribed scope within the audit process to ensure compliance with internal controls and authorities;
• Assist in collecting data on information systems and processes of the auditee institution to be used in the validation of financial documents;
• Obtain in-depth understanding of each function of entities being audited, and assist in assessing risks during the audit process;
• Assist in developing and presenting audit reports;
• Assist in the preparation of documents i.e. working papers, planning memorandums and audit reports as required by management in line with the quality standards of the audit process.
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University preferably in Social Sciences or other fields relevant to the audit function such as Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Law, Business Administration, Engineering, or other relevant disciplines from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrate IT proficiency.
• CPA II or qualification and experience in Economics, Fiscal Analyst, Statistics, Engineering, Medical and Pharmaceutical field will be an added advantage.
• Integrity - Uphold a high standard of fairness, objectivity and ethics in everyday work and actions to ensure trust. Commit to do the right thing for the right reason, regardless of the circumstances.
• Quality Focused - Be thorough and focused on delivering quality and value with regards to audit services and products in the Office.
• Teamwork - Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness within OAG.
• Information and Data Gathering - Ability to determine which method, or combination of methods, should be used to gather information. Ability to conduct interviews, inspections, review documents, make observations, conduct analytical reviews and corroborate to collect information during audit.
• Effective Communication - Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and efficient manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Speak eloquently and engagingly in meetings, in one-on-one situations as well as in small and large groups. Listen, be receptive to the others and adapt to the situation. Adjust the message to the recipient.
• Computer Literacy Skills - Ability to understand computer concepts and use computers, computer programs, applications and technology efficiently within the Office.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) on recruitment.oagkenya.go.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.