Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Associate is an intermediate-level position in the Southern Africa & Oceanic Islands (SAIO) portfolio within the HMC/FI SSA Corporate Bank cluster that provides coverage of 7 Hub Managed Countries (HMC). The overall objective of this role is to act as a strategic advisor to our clients, provide oversight, strategy setting and drive for the respective Southern Africa & Oceanic Islands (SAIO) portfolio.
Job Background/context :
The HMC/FI role is the relationship management lead for clients in various sectors primarily, financial institutions and non-bank financial institutions, Government, and public sector. It is product agnostic but is primarily focused on transactional banking products (including Cash, Trade and Security Services), foreign exchange and capital raising across the DCM and CMO product families to name a few key product contributors. On a selective basis, coverage will also be extended to Corporates (both public & private) in the HMCs.
This job is one of the important revenue contributors to the HMC/FI Business in SAIO.
Key Responsibilities :
• P&L / Business management responsibility for the assigned HMC/FI portfolio within SAIO Region (2-3 countries & progressively others)
• Act as a trusted advisor to HMC/FI SAIO Unit Head, on business trends and opportunities available in the market.
• Supporting the HMC/FI SAIO Unit Head and as and when required deputise in absence of Unit Head.
• Driving origination and managing a complex & senior client base including the CEOs & International Division Heads of Banks; Governors of Central Banks and Senior Government officials in various Ministries especially Ministry of Finance.
• Working with key product partners in TTS/Markets/DCM/CMO/IB & others as needed to drive the various product agendas across this client base.
• Portfolio Risk Management (both credit & country risks) as the “first line of defence” for the business including:
• Sponsoring Credit officer for the respective portfolio
• Active & lead contribution to Country Risk Reviews for HMC countries (where XB risks are discussed, and limits & watch list status of countries re-validated)
• Periodic engagement on Portfolio Management Plan for SAIO region, and
• Managing credit risk from the portfolio & clients as appropriate / required.
• Compliance / AML responsibility (KYC Renewal) for the portfolio ensuring pristine compliance standards are adhered to across this high AML risk portfolio.
• Support in the coordination & providing input into HMC Governance forums.
• Provide PAM back-up to Group Relationships managed under the SAIO region. Develop & sustain customer satisfaction and loyalty at high levels
• Ensure adequate return on assets that meets hurdle rates on capital
• Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and corporate policies in respective countries of coverage
• Drive a high performance culture through development, coaching and management of Relationship Analyst (RA) team in SAIO region.
• Bachelor or Masters (preferred) Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, and Maths etc. (other areas of specialization will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
• English pro-efficiency is mandatory, multilingual (Portuguese, is beneficial).
• Prior work experience in Citi or other financial services experience in the areas described above (Business, Risk, Banking, and TTS) a strong plus. Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
• Strong analytical & credit skills a plus.
• Good understanding of Corporate Banking processes
• Self-starter / self -motivated individual
• Independent and strategic thinker
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and Openness
• Collaboration/ Teamwork
• Process focus
• Business builder with a good track record to prove it.
• Strong communication & presentation skills
• Client Management skills at C-suite level
• Good product and process understanding of TTS/FXLM (including derivatives), DCM/CMO etc.
• Working knowledge of corporate banking products and credit policies/ procedures
• Credit Skills – understanding of financial statements and ability to perform financial analysis/ modelling/ credit appraisals.
• Strong spreadsheet skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.