Jobs at:Law Society of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position holder will support provision of accounting support to the Finance and Accounts Department in the preparation of the various finance reports, accounts and reconciliation in compliance with Finance Policies and Regulations and the achievements of objectives of the Finance and Accounts Department.
1. Ensure safe custody of company cheque books and legal documents.
2. Prepare stakeholders requisitions, payment vouchers and forward them for approval to prompt timely pay outs on good and services consumed by the Society.
3. Maintain an updated creditors’ schedule and supplier database to stay ahead of outstanding debts payable to the Society vendors
4. Verify the suppliers’ payment documentation for completeness, accuracy and authorization to ascertain payouts at are made to authentic parties and for authentic supply.
5. Carry out bank agent duties inclusive of cash withdrawals, request for bank statements and other such assignments to support the Society’s transactions
6. Update cash books on a daily basis ensuring positive bank balance is maintained at all times.
7. Process payment vouchers and receipts in ERP system and ensure accuracy of cash transactions data in the system.
8. Prepare monthly reconciliation of GL cash accounts to Cash Books
9. Handle operational/office petty cash and reimbursements.
10. Ensure statutory filing and payments before the due dates
11. File Accounting documents to keep accurate records as necessitated by the Accounting practices and Standards
12. Post tax returns in iTax system to meet the current Kenya Revenue Authority tax guideline and ensure payments are effected within the statutory period.
Required skills and experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance related field.
2. At least CPA Part I qualification.
3. Computer literacy.
4. At least three years working experience as Accounts Assistant in a reputable organization.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present original certificates and testimonials during the interview.
• To apply for the positions, kindly send your detailed C.V with three (3) referees and application to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the office on or before Friday, 13th January, 2023. All applications must be clearly addressed to:
• Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P.O. BOX 72219 - 00200
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.