Accountant - Capital, General Accounts
Jobs at:Aga Khan University (AKU)
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of this role is to help the management achieve its objectives as far as accounting for Fixed assets is concerned.
• Undertake physical fixed assets verification exercise and reconciliation of register against physical verification.
• Follow up on missing assets with respective users while maintaining and keeping fixed assets files.
• Prepare reports for management implementation.
• Work with respective finance staff in undertaking any other register clean-up as agreed.
• Posting of capex-related invoices; Processing of disposal forms.
• Allocation of petty cash vouchers with the right GL expense account as well as preparation of payment vouchers for petty cash reimbursement and other direct payments. Organize and participate in surprise petty cash count.
• Ensure all assets are adequately insured and renew annual premiums as well as monthly covers for new purchases as well as collate all documents required to lodge a claim with insurers. Maintaining and keeping insurance files.
• KAPS - Issuing of stickers, raising monthly invoices, follow up of payment, preparing monthly salary deduction list and reports.
• Doing inventory stock-take when assigned and control checks, especially in outreach centers
• Preparation of audit schedules.
• Any other duty as may be required by the management.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• CPA (K) qualified
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Business or a related field is an added advantage
• 3 years or more in an almost similar role in a busy finance department.
• Knowledge of Accounting and Book-keeping procedures, as well as proficiency in MS Office applications and Accounting systems;
• Capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness
• Possess good discretion and judgement
• Professional grooming and self-presentation
Closing date: 15 May 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.