Accountant - Eldoret Office
Jobs at:Food Hunger International
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To maintain complete and accurate records of the organization’s financial transactions through use of appropriate information technology and engagement of competent staff in our Eldoret Office.
• Ensure proper books of accounts are maintained and statutory and Management accounts prepared accurately and submitted on time.
• Convene a fortnightly credit committee meeting, and ensure debtors are managed effectively.
• Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports are prepared, submitted.
• Prepare and co-ordinate with Finance Manager in Nairobi on all tax computations and remittances for the company.
• Safeguard the organzation’s assets and resources against loss, theft and ineffective use by installing and maintaining appropriate internal control systems.
• Report exceptions in the quarterly self-audit report.
• Ensure liaison with external auditors and statutory bodies and ensure compliance as required by the Companies Acts.
• Ensure compliance with finance and accounting standards and regulations.
• Participate in direct the preparation of budgets and forecasts and report performance against actual.
• Attend board meetings of the organization and present the financial statements as and when required.
• Attend to any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Education And Professional Qualifications.
• Bachelors’ of Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option) or equivalent.
• Minimum qualification of at least CPA II
• Experience in Cost Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of at least one year in a similar position with working experience of; preparation of financial statements, use of comprehensive electronic accounting systems, use of electronic financial analysis & reporting tools and human resource management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.