Jobs at:Karatina University
Deadline of this Job:
01 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Prepare University quarterly and annual financial statements and reports to assist management in decision making
• File statutory returns with the relevant authorities to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
• Prepare the finance department risk matrix and ensure that finance department members are aware of risk prone areas to develop ways to mitigate the risk
• Assist in preparation of the finance department work plan and ensure adherence by the members of department to plan for departmental activities
• Prepare the finance department procurement plan and ensure that the University procurement plan is within the approved University budget for budgetary control
• Supervise operations in the cash office, expenditure section, student finance and salaries section to ensure smooth running of the operations within these sections
• Prepare management reports to facilitate decision making
• Conduct analysis of financial data within each section to guide future operations
• Oversee the Maintenance of Fixed assets register on regular basis and ensure that the assets are correctly coded to safeguard University assets
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer
Job Requirements for Appointment
• Master’s degree in finance or accounting field from a recognized institution
• CPA III
• At least four (4) years’ work experience as an Accountant II or a comparable position.
• Membership registration with ICPAK or any other relevant professional body
• Knowledge of Information Communication Technology
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Terms And Conditions Of Service
• The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
Mode Of Application
• Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary,
• applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
• In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 1st November, 2022.
• The Vice Chancellor
• Karatina University
• P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.