Jobs at:Machakos County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
04 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Reference No. - MCPSB/12/2022/031
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for non-professionals. An officer at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope and under the guidance of a senior officer. Specifically, work will involve preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc. The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are involved. He/she will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to the grade of Accountant II, a candidate must have the following qualification: -
• A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or it's recognized equivalent qualifications.
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:
• Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce
• good knowledge in the professional field of specialisation
• Good communication skills
• Ability to take instructions
• Good organisational and supervisory skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download and fill the application forms available ONLINE through the following online Link: Machakos County Website or Portal: http://machakos.go.ke/jobs
Applicants must fill the official job application form accessible from Machakos County website then deliver to: -
The Secretary/CEO, Machakos County Public Service Board,
P.O BOX 603-90100,
Applicants should attach copies of Academic certificates, Professional certificates, National Identification card and Integrity clearance documents. Interested and qualified candidates must apply on or before 4th January 2023.
Note: The Shortlisted Candidates will be required to:
• Provide copies of academic and professional certificates certified by the issuing institutions.
• Produce originals of their National identity card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.