Accountant - Insurance
Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure smooth collection of revenue by maintaining a strict credit control procedure
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
• Analyse revenue, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
• Prepare monthly reports
• Assist with accurately receipting all incoming payments
• Assist with financial and tax audits
• Assist with quarterly producer commission reports; analysing and correcting discrepancies
• Assist in reconciliation with suppliers
• Other projects as assigned
• Petty cash management
• Credit control: Assist in the enforcement of trade terms and managing credit risk.
• Account payables: On time, accurate and complete receipt, input, analysis and initiate payments for assigned Procure-to-Pay partners.
• Ensure that records comply with laws and regulations.
• Timely posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are up to date
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma/Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong understanding of accounting theory
• CPA (K) and or ACCA is desired
• 4+ years accounting/finance experience
• Experience in the insurance industry preferred but no mandatory
• Auditing experience will be an added advantage
• Should be hands-on with QuickBooks, Sage & iTax.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.