Jobs at:Savannah Healthcare
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of The Job:
The job holder will be responsible in processing, tracking, and recording payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner in line with the established guidelines.
• Participating in development, review and implementation of the payable policies and procedures in line with best practices and industry trends;
• Supporting in optimizing financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts;
• Gathering and verifying invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment;
• Calculating, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization;
• Maintaining copies of invoices or correspondence necessary for files;
• Clarifying any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures, obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments;
• Preparing payment vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures;
• Ensuring transactions are captured in journals, ledgers and other records, reconcile accounts payable transactions and prepare analysis of accounts;
• Preparing analysis of accounts, monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
• Producing monthly reports, assist with month end closing, provide supporting documentation for audits and maintain accurate historical records;
• Ensuring proper filling and archiving of documents for easier retrieval
• Assist in payroll preparations and remittance of all taxes and other statutory deductions as required by the country’s legislations;
• Any other responsibility assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time. Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting. Technical & Behavioral competencies
• Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Preparation of Financial Statements.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
• Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
• Working knowledge of financial information management system
• Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision;
• Problem solving skills;
• Communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary and expected salary, with detailed curriculum vitae, copy of national ID, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org uoting the position you are applying for as the subject e.g. ‘Chef’.
Upon being successful during interviews, the successful candidate must present the following; National ID, KRA Pin, current coloured passport photo, NSSF & NHIF, Good Conduct Certificate, academic and professional certificates, latest pay slips from previous employer (where applicable).
Please note only online applications will be accepted.
Applications to be received on or before 7th July 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.