Accountant - Short Term
Jobs at:CFK Africa
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Short-Term Accountant will be required to provide support to the Finance Department in discharging the day-to-day accounting tasks in order to ensure that all organizational, donor and legal requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process payments including preparing payment vouchers.
• Process project-based requisitions and ensure that all necessary support documents are provided.
• Work with Field staff to provide financial information relating to their projects in a seamless manner.
• Ensure that all advances to staff for project activities are properly accounted for.
• Maintain proper accounting records on project expenses in the QuickBooks accounting system.
• Account Receivables and Account Payables reconciliations
• Reconcile Bank Accounts, Petty cash Accounts, Staff Advance accounts and other balance sheet Accounts on a monthly basis to ensure correctness of balances.
• Ensure financial documents are filed correctly in accordance with the established filing system.
• Work with staff to ensure timesheets are correctly and promptly completed on a monthly basis.
• Ensure statutory deductions to relevant bodies and related returns are remitted before their deadline (this includes HELB, NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, and for Pension).
• Update Fixed Asset register with fixed Asset purchases and other changes.
• Monitor MPESA platform for float replenishment and conduct MPESA transaction reconciliations.
• Review petty cash vouchers and requests for replenishment with the admin officer.
• Support in the preparation of donor reports by ensuring all receipts and supporting documents are scanned and filed accordingly.
• Assist with internal and annual audit preparations.
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality in relation to sensitive and confidential financial information.
• Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Head of Finance.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Management or Finance) or Economics
• Certified Public Accountant (CPAK)
• Minimum 5 years financial accounting experience preferably in an NGO environment.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting system
• Experience and knowledge in providing account analysis and grant tracking/monitoring.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with international donors requiring high levels of reporting data.
• Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.