Jobs at:icipe â€“ African Insect Science for Food and Health
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 23 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Purpose of the Job
• Preparation of the Centre’s monthly Payroll, - Main and RSIF Payrolls, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, to meet the internal and statutory obligations.
• Reconcile Payroll Control Accounts in the ledger and submit monthly Statutory Returns.
• Ensure correct Payments & Receipts through verification and confirmation that payments are timely, correct, and accurate.
• Ensure journals are captured correctly including e.g., correct amounts, budget codes, tax deductions, etc.
• Ensure bank reconciliation are timely prepared and outstanding items resolved promptly.
• Support and coordinate the Institutional Audit process within the unit.
• Support the Senior Treasury Accountant.
• Create the profile for new employees from contracts, ensuring that the correct employee numbers, contract periods, personal details, tax status, basic salaries are captured.
• Update the employees’ profiles with contract extensions, terminations, promotions, resignations, etc.
• Prepare payroll upload templates for deductions and incomes, reconcile with previous month and upload into the payroll system.
• Print the Payroll reconciliation reports and verify the totals against individual Payroll reports and forward for verification by the Senior Accountant.
• Upload the NSSF and NHIF monthly returns onto the respective websites.
• Initiate payment for statutory deductions and send remittance advice to the respective institutions, e.g. ISA, Sacco, ISCA, Pension service providers, etc.; after payment is done.
• Reconcile the Payroll Control Accounts (e.g., Withholding tax, NSSF, NHIF etc.) in the ledger, ensuring that payments net off the Payroll Journal amounts posted.
• Provide the payroll reports, documentation and/or information internally as required i.e. pay slips, audit reports etc.
• Maintain proper filing of all payroll reports and supporting documents.
• Provide excellent internal relations with staff and deal with all payroll-related queries.
• Initiate payment requests, print approved requisitions, attach support documents, ensuring correct
• bank details and amounts are captured and forward for approval. i.e. for Suppliers, Partners,
• Education advances, Consultancies, Terminal dues, subscriptions, staff refunds, RSIF payments, honorarium and scholar’s tuition fees ensuring correctness of transactions.
• Initiate receipt requests, ensure accuracy of income and generation of receipts.
• Prepare the payment journals templates, ensuring correct budget codes, amounts, descriptions are captured and upload in the ERP to ensure preparations are prompt to avoid delays in posting and committing expenses in the ledger.
• Prepare bank reconciliations, ensuring they are done accurately and promptly and follow up on outstanding reconciling items with the bank or project and ensure closure.
• Provide various bank reports e.g. funds received, bank charges analysis.
• Coordinate and provide supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit purposes.
• Request for year-end Audit confirmation on bank balances from all our banks and follow up to get the bank responses.
• Stamp, allocate and maintain proper filing of all payment reports and supporting documents.
• Support the Treasury team and perform any ad hoc tasks as required by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and CPA (K) or equivalent professional qualification.
• Knowledge in human resources and payroll software is preferred.
• Understanding of relevant labour legislations.
• Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer.
• Familiarity with Sun-system or other accounting system.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar area.
• Experience with Payroll operations.
Other Desirable Attributes
• Staff can solve problems in conjunction with others.
• Supervision of Accountants at lower level and attachés
• Preparation and confirmation of the necessary payroll reports.
• Prepare various bank reports e.g interest income, funds received, bank charges analysis.
• Provide payment information to Suppliers, Staff, Project Partners and Statutory institutions.
• With the approval of the supervisor, staff is responsible for decision making in his job function.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications will be accepted up to 23rd June 2023. Interested applicants should submit:
• a confidential coverletter;
• detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and
• a statementillustrating suitabilityagainst thelisted qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.