Jobs at:BFA (Bankable Frontier Associates)
Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
We are looking for an Accountant who will oversee full-cycle accounting of BFA Global Kenya (the Kenya subsidiary of BFA Global). In this role, you will also support U.S. and corporate accounting. You will be responsible for all daily accounting tasks, including preparing tax documents and updating expense files for the Kenya office. You will perform financial transactions and post them in the general ledger, with strong attention to detail. You will also carry out relevant administrative duties. The position will report to the Controller and work closely with the Senior Accountant.
• Responsible for the entire cycle accounting for the Kenya subsidiary: project accounting, revenue recognition, expense, and all general ledger accounts such as bank account reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued vacation, intercompany balances, expense transactions.
• Ensure proper documentation, approvals, and account codes.
• Collaborate with Regional Administrator to determine monthly cash needs.
• Responsible for Kenyan tax compliance.
• Review existing policies and propose enhancements and mechanisms that streamline workflow and strengthen internal controls.
• Assist with periodic financial reporting for customers.
• Manage the annual Kenyan audit
• Responsible for Accounts Payable and payment processing, which includes entering, coding, and providing proper support in Intacct
• Conduct the monthly close and prepare account reconciliation and analysis
• Review travel and expense reports from employees on a monthly basis as well as serve as the key contact for any employee expenses inquiries
• Ability to take on any ad hoc requests based on Finance team needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 5-7 years experience in accounting, performing a variety of hands-on
• Accounting and finance responsibilities
• International accounting experience (required)
• Experience in Intacct is a plus
• Ability to work independently; managing processes from start to finish
• Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Experience in the use of integrated ERP software such as Expensify and other programs relating to finance.
• Experience working in a multi-currency environment
• Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; Google Sheets
• Proactive, take charge attitude; ability to troubleshoot routine situations and manage tasks independently.
• Collaborative team player with strong communication skills and a good sense of humor
• CPA preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to BFA (Bankable Frontier Associates) on bfaglobal.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.