Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant will work under the Senior Accounting Manager. This will be a temporary role with a one year contract that will involve accounting, reporting, reconciliations as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
The Accountant will be required to participate in the preparation of final financial reports, financial analysis, developing and designing of new KPIs and reconciliation templates and ensure all the reports are updated and sent out on time.
• Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions with good understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
• Be able to set up accounting books and procedures for new countries
• Take charge of month end procedures and timelines
• Assist with testing and receiving final approval for accounting software reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
Reporting and Analysis
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
• Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
• Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for each country covering Disbursements, Repayments and Net Cash, third party contracts eg Mpesa, Vodafone, Cellulant
• Assist in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
• Perform Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis using the available business intelligence tools
• Develop financial models and analyses, dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
• Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
• Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
• Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Finance related areas
• CPA (K)/ACCA graduate
• A minimum of 2 years solid experience working in financial service industry
• At Least 2 years solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
• Experience working with accounting software, Quickbooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
• Very analytical with expert Excel and intermediate SQL skills
• Fluent in spoken and written Swahili and English
• Self-motivated, Creative
• Super Organized & Results focused
• Able to work with tight deadlines and in a startup environment
• You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
• You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.