Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reviewing monthly supplier and customer reconciliations.
• Reviewing ERP master data forms for customers for accuracy.
• Ensuring monthly bank statement review, approval and filing.
• Performing monthly intercompany reconciliations.
Best – Practice Accounting procedures followed.
• Reviewing and approving Journal entries before posting to General Ledger.
• Preparing and reviewing monthly accruals are prepared and reviewed prior to posting in ERP
• Executing Month end and period-end tasks and activities (Balance Revaluation, FX adjustments in ERP, Period end close in ERP, Monthly and periodic physical count and verification (stocks and fixed assets)
• Ensuring all fixed assets are properly recorded and maintained in ERP
• Processing International Financial Reporting Standards adjustments to fixed assets bi-annually
• Ensuring all fixed assets acquisitions are properly authorized by the responsible office.
• Preparing annual Capex budget in consultation with Managing Director and the responsible office.
• Ensuring that cash flow forecasts are prepared monthly and weekly CICO
• Ensuring the Group’s “cash toolkit” is being competently managed and suggested improvements given to Financial Controller
• Analyzing insurance needs to cover assets & events leading to financial loss
• Advising insurers advised of changes that may affect risk
• Ensuring all bank and petty cash accounts are reconciled monthly to ensure accuracy
• Ensuring all payroll inter-company charges are processed in ERP
• Working in conjunction with business analysts during budget and LEs
• Submitting budget data into Prisma
Tax Management and Reporting
• Preparing monthly reporting for Tax submissions.
• Ensuring data submission of monthly reporting for Pernod Ricard Eastern Africa to relevant market tax portals and sites.
• Overseeing reconciliation of PRK accounts with KRA records and accounts.
• Ensuring that all tax obligations are met; Tax (Excise, VAT, CIT), Payroll, payments to group companies, and foreign exchange contract commitments
• Ensuring that all intercompany payment obligations are met including interest payments, capital repayments, and BO invoices.
• Assisting in preparing all tax returns for PRK in collaboration with the Financial Controller, auditors, and tax advisors
• Ensuring that half-yearly and annual tax calculations prepared are submitted timeously
• Ensuring that statutory returns are submitted timeously and reconciled periodically.
Internal Control Responsibilities.
• Adhering to all the internal control procedures of Pernod Ricard Eastern Africa
• Ensuring Internal controls are updated annually in compliance with Group requirements
• Ensuring the integrity of the master database for suppliers and customers
• Assisting the Financial Controller in risk mapping every two years
• Giving recommendations to Financial Controller on the improvement of processes and controls.
• Developing a collaborative relationship with internal stakeholders through cultivating an excellent transparent working relationship across PRG departments and with SSA senior finance team
• Collaborating with external stakeholders by ensuring ongoing communication with auditors, external advisors, company secretaries, banks, and other service providers as required.
• Liaising with government departments on statutory compliance issues as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field
• Four (4) years experience in Finance. Audit experience is an added advantage.
• Experience in the FMCG industry in Commercial Finance or Business Planning Analysis is preferred
• CPA or ACCA Qualification required
• Experience in working with multiple functions within an organization (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain)
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
• Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
• Ability to work within a team
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Decisive and accurate
• Ability to work under pressure and adept in prioritization
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.