Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• HIAS seeks to recruit an Accountant who will provide accounting and financial services necessary for the continued operations of the organization and will take care of all the important accounting functions of the organization ensuring that transactions are correctly captured in the most efficient manner and that day-to-day accounting is effectively and efficiently carried out to support the various programs.
• Posting of cheque/bank transfer payments into the Netsuite Accounting System
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and mid- year donor financial reports for submission to the Country Director and HIAS Headquarters ensuring that back up of supporting documents are in accordance with HRTK and donor accounting procedures;
• Prepare and facilitate donor verification exercises assisting in review of financial reports backups and vouching of supporting documents;
• Assist in the preparation and coordination for audit of books of accounts by internal and external auditors;
• Participate in budget preparation exercise
• Assist in preparing and monitoring donor monthly burn rates reports for various programs to ensure that the budget lines are not exceeded or under spent.
• Prepare bank reconciliation on monthly basis
• Maintain account payable account on monthly basis
• Carry out training staff on expected accounting documents
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control reports for donors.
• Assist in development of various accountability vouchers for use in the finance office
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Must be a CPA(K) Finalist
• Minimum of 3 years’ of working experience
• Working knowledge of and experience in the NetSuite Accounting System.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
• Solid organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
• Knowledge in Accountability to Affected Populations
• Knowledge in PSEA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.