Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Deadline of this Job:
06 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Accountant to support accounting and management of financial information through processing of financial transactions, managing payroll, fixed assets and inventory. (S)he will also work to ensure all practices at the research facility are compliant to ILRI & Kapiti approved policies and guidelines.
Financial accounting and payroll:
• Record daily financial transactions into the system in place and ensuring all transactions are recorded and presented for posting to the headquarters by 1st of the following month.
• Ensure the current account is reconciled and any outstanding items is actioned before end of the following month
• Prepare and monitor the farm’s operational budget and cashflow and participate in the capital expenditure planning process
• Record and account all farm sales and expenditure, manage and account for the farm’s petty cash and ensure petty cash management policy is fully followed
• Prepare and process the farm’s payroll, staff benefits to comply with current statutory taxation and employment law. Maintain detailed employee records.
Fixed assets and inventory:
• Maintain detailed asset information in the asset register and give advice on asset replacement and maintenance policy.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations related to the livestock and consumables and communicate any variances for appropriate action to be taken.
• Update and maintain detailed livestock records, livestock count and herd transfers.
• Institute procedures for procurement and accountable recording of consumable stocks, including fuel, to support reconciliation of records to physical stocks.
• Liaise with responsible procurement officer at the headquarters and ensure all procurement policies and best practices are followed.
• Review internal controls and ensure efficient operational processes are in place.
• Manage the aging for all CRO studies.
• Initiate invoices for all CRO studies and identify the payments when payment is received by Treasury.
• Support the financial controller during end year closing procedures and audits
• Ensure proper and secure filling of documents is in place
• Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit.
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Research Facility Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
• Professional technical skills desired: CPA (K) or ACCA qualification
• Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
• At least three years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with an Accounting software.
• Post location: The position will be based in Kapiti Research Station & Wildlife Conservancy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) on www.ilri.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.