Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, June 15 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Timely matching of all supplier invoices; checking documentation for completeness, accuracy, approvals as per policy, matching and input of supplier invoices
• Reconcile supplier ledger balances to supplier statements and close the reconciling items within the period
• Maintain an updated invoice register to track movement of all the invoices received in the institute until paid and filed
• Manage and reconcile the VAT account; ensuring timely follow-up of VAT exemption certificates & dispatch to suppliers
• Analyse outstanding supplier commitments and print withheld invoices report for review by the Finance Manager
• Prepare and circulate a monthly report of all supplier payments made.
• Review supplier master accounts: at the minimum, bi-annually and recommend de-activation of accounts that have been inactive for the last 6 months.
• Ensure prepayments are reconciled and cleared on time
• Prepare monthly receivables and payables aging schedules and reconciliations for all accounts and make relevant recommendations.
• Carry out monthly allocation of accounts and ensure relevant adjustment journals are passed.
• Invoice recharge costs to related partner institutions monthly and ensure the invoices are sent out in time for settlement.
• Manage receivables from related partner institutions, update all receipts and follow up for payment of outstanding debts when they fall due as credit terms.
• Prepare and share monthly statements for related partner institutions after allocation.
• Maintain staff and consultants accounts that reflect correct position with respect to staff and consultants’ transactions and make relevant adjustments
• Process staff travel advances, Travel Expenditure Report (TER’s) & project/workshop expenditure reports
• Ensure proper filling of all documentation relating to this function both in physical and soft copy forms
• Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit
• Train the alternate position all aspects of this job to ensure continuity
• Help other unit members to learn and excel in their work
• Perform any other related duties as may be required
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or its equivalent.
• Full accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA.
• At least five years’ experience in finance with progressive experience of processing large volumes of supplier invoices and performing of supplier accounts reconciliations in a well-run organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.