Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
29 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Ref. No. JLIL097
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Accountant within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the General Manager – Corporate Life & Pension and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
• Developing and maintaining a Fund Tax Returns Register to monitor all scheme taxes paid up, ensure no penalties are incurred and submit a summary report.
• Performing the requisite processing to generate fund tax returns while working with the Pension Administrators.
• Managing the PRNs request process and i-Tax update process for all schemes and members.
• Liaising with KRA for issuance of KRA Exemption Certificates for new schemes, Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) and re-issuance due to a change in scheme names.
• Creating and managing a Tax Tracker to facilitate reconciliation with Finance post remittance to KRA of all taxes related to member withdrawals, fund transfers and expenses
• Developing and maintaining RBA Levy Register and process all levy payments based on individual companies’ fiscal calendars and ensure timely remittance to RBA to avoid penalties.
• Reconciliation of schemes master statements.
• Preparation of draft financial statements for schemes in support of audit.
• Maintaining proper books of accounts for pension schemes.
• Playing a key role in the annual audit process by working closely with External auditors and Pension Administrators
• Filing annual schemes return with KRA and RBA
• Developing and maintaining the Fund Values & Client Profiling Report and performing requisite analysis based on pre-defined guidelines.
• Developing and maintaining the Deferred Contributions and Surplus Schedules and generating a standard summary report
• Developing quarterly Financial Performance Reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance or any other related field
• CPA-K Qualification in mandatory
• Accountability for results
• Team Spirit
• Analytical Skills
• Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 19th September2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.