Jobs at:Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The accounting division exists to perform the following functions: accounting policies development; managing accounts payable (money out); managing accounts receivable and revenue tracking (money in), handling payments; taxation and cash flow control, revenue collection and receipting; cash security; reconciliation of payments; inventory management; debtors collection; monitoring property accounting; cost analysis; preparation of accounting reports and security of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible to the accountant for implementation of the tasks of the Accounts Division in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
• Availing information to customers when necessary, upon request and escalate where unable to avail;
• Receiving and verifying invoices/claims/imprest request from suppliers/staff and posting in appropriate registers and forwarding to Finance Manager for authorization;
• Receiving authorized requests (claims, invoices, imprest) and processing (prepare voucher/warrant) and capturing of the payment;
• Receipting of cash/revenue received immediately upon recognition
• Posting of payments and receipts in the cashbook daily;
• Performing monthly bank reconciliation;
• Preparing, updating and reconciling creditor, debtors and general ledgers and providing debtors report;
• Preparing remittance advices for suppliers;
• Preparing weekly payment status report, itemising pending payments; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic & Professional
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business management (Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• Certified Public Accountants (CPAK) Examination OR Diploma in Finance/Accounts or its recognized equivalent qualifications.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit copies of Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic Papers, National Identity Card, NSSF and NHIF.
Send application in a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
Submit hard copies of the above documents at KNATCOM Offices.
Hand delivered application forms should be submitted at the KNATCOM reception 16th Floor, National Bank Building –Harambee Avenue.
The deadline for submission of all applications is 16th December 2022 at 5.00 pm.
All applicants MUST fill and sign the job applications register when submitting their applications.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.