Jobs at:Kesho Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main duties and responsibilities:
Transactions and General Accounting Procedures
• Undertake and oversee as appropriate, all accounting and financial activities ensuring they are timely, accurate and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and with Kesho’s Financial Timelines Policy.
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation and issuance of cheques including those for the payment of student fees.
• Develop and maintain accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, petty cash and payroll.
• Ensure effective and accurate bookkeeping and orderly filing systems for personnel and financials.
• Conduct and review with the ED the monthly cash flow.
• Undertake reconciliations on required accounts.
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Maintain the chart or accounts.
• Comply with local, statutory and legal financial and reporting requirements.
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
• Monitor legal issues affecting civil society organisations and ensure Kesho complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Report risk issues to the ED and Board.
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems over accounting transactions.
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
• Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensure timely and complete reporting of financial statements, metrics, management accounts, cash flows and other relevant reports to meet the requirements of the ED and Board.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Timely and accurate external reporting in line with relevant contract agreements with Donors.
• Manage and advise ED on financial investments.
• Ensure access of key financial data and reports to the ED and Board through Dropbox.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Support the ED in providing the necessary information to establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and to facilitate the preparation of the annual budget.
• Provide assistance to the persons responsible for preparing budgets for funding applications.
• Prepare and monitor cash balances and cash flow forecasts.
Systems, Policies and Procedures
• Develop, strengthen and automate systems for (a) General Accountancy Procedures, (b) Financial Reporting and (c) the Preparation of Management Accounts.
• Develop, strengthen and ensure adherence to all relevant financial policies and procedures including those for minimizing financial risk
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
• Timely and accurate processing and submission of statutory, insurance and benefits remittances.
• Provide training and supervision to assistants supporting the accounting framework.
• Prepare all supporting information for annual audits and liaise with the Board's Finance Sub Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
• Ensure storage and back-up of all financial information through Kesho’s information storage and back-up system.
• Advise on income generating activities and financial services available to the Organization.
• Contribute to the development and oversee the implementation of a strategic and operational plan for the Financial Department, ensuring it conforms with Kesho’s mission and strategic goals.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills , Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA minimum Section 2, CPA K is desirable
• At least 3 years experience in a similar position preferably within the NGO sector.
• ICPAK member desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should fill this online form using the link below: and submit a covering letter and current CV addressed to email@example.com Please indicate the position applied for in the Subject field of the Email. Applications and interviews will be done on a rolling basis up until 18th January 2023 at 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kesho Kenya on docs.google.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.