Jobs at:Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with the administrative coordinator to ensure that all contracted vendors have current and up to date agreements reflective of agreed service periods, price listings and expectations.
• Responsible for receiving invoices, processing, preparing payments by verifying documentation to ensure internal controls are adhered to, completeness, adequacy, and accuracy of supporting documentation and proofs of purchase are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts, etc.) - Give attention to detail while processing payments to ensure accuracy of financial data
• Monitoring the Account Payable (AP) cycle from invoice processing to payment to ensure that timelines and quality meet the KPIs and targets - Ensure all open/overdue items are being attended to and resolved in a timely manner including vendor invoice follow up and reconciliations.
• Prepare upload payments to Mobile Money payment system and ensures beneficiaries details are correct, real and active, and beneficiaries are paid in time.
• Prepare and control advances - assist in issuing program activity and travel advances ensuring that all costs and travels have adequate authorization and approval prior to payment remittance and closely monitor accounts receivables to ensure retirement of the same after conclusion of activities and/or travel including reviewing and processing expense submissions/reconciliations.
• Actively participate in reviewing and liquidating petty cash and promptly process replenishment.
• Engage with the administrative and program coordinators to provide financial support for technical related activities, meetings, workshops, and trainings in ensuring costs are recognized in the correct category and performs integrity checks of project and accounting codes to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial data.
• Participates in monthly closing activities to ensure local accounts are prepared timeously and accurately.
• Track VAT expenditures for all applicable projects and ensure value added taxes (VAT) are treated properly, prepare, and submit DA1 forms for VAT exemption, liaise with the USAID and vendors on any resultant VAT issues and maintain an accurate VAT Tracker.
• Support internal/external audits as required, ensure audit recommendations are implemented and actions are taken to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in the financial and other forms of audit reporting.
• Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge, and experience
• Always keeps files up to date and guarantees proper filing of relevant financial project documentation including copying, stamp all payment and journal vouchers ‘’PAID’’ after payments have been done, scanning and maintain an effective filling system in line with organizational requirements for ease of access and retrieval.
• Performs other financial tasks assigned and agreed upon with the Finance and Administration Director and program staff which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce, or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
• Accounting professional qualification - Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
• At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar/equivalent position in an INGO.
• Hands-on experience QuickBooks and/or a similar accounting system would be considered an asset.
• Good Knowledge of Electronic Tax Payment System, VAT exemption procedures of USAID, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and Ministry of Finance would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Skills and Competencies
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word required
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skill and meticulous attention to detail.
• Good management, administrative and communication skills.
• Must be organized, multi-task oriented and able to work in a team or as an individual, adapt to and work effectively within a fast paced/evolving work environment, under a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups.
• Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change and ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) on msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.