Jobs at:Ministry of Energy
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GCF Climate Friendly Cooking Project, Ministry of Energy
The EnDev GCF Kenya Climate Friendly Cooking Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Energy through the Bioenergy Department of the Renewable Energy Directorate. The Project is Component 1 of the Programme: Promotion of Climate Friendly Cooking in Kenya and Senegal. The Project is designed to contribute to GHG emission reduction estimated at 5.3 Mt of C02eq over its lifetime. It also contributes to increased adoption of improved cookstoves (ICS] by 1.6 million households, as well as professionalizing 90 ICS producers. The Ministry of Energy is collaborating with GIZ and other partners to implement the Project.
Phase 1 of the Project runs from March 2020 to September 2022. while Phase 2 of the Project will run from October 2022 to September 2024.
The job is offered on a contract basis beginning September 2022 to September 2024. However, this will be firmed up at the point of contracting.
The Ministry of Energy wishes to hire an accountant to support the project operations. More specifically. the accountant will oversee the smooth financial Implementation and reporting of the Grant Agreement between GIZ. National Treasury & Ministry of Energy. To ensure this, the candidate will liaise with GIZ.
The appointee will report to the Director. Renewable Energy. Bioenergy Department In the Renewable Energy Directorate.
1. Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations governing the Grant Agreement are complied with:
2. Establish a monitoring system for tracking liquid funds, costs and expenses:
3. Preparation and reporting on monthly project expenditure:
4. Ensuring proper filing of all relevant financial documents:
5. Preparation and submission of financial statements and annual progress reports:
6. Handling monthly, quarterly, and annual closings:
7. Preparation and facilitation of the project audit process
8. Coordination with the Central Bank of Kenya for funds request processing and disbursement:
9. Financial forecastingand risk analysis: and
ID. Advising the designated project officers on best financial practices during implementation.
1. Bachelor of Commerce or any other business-related degree:
2. Certified Public Accountant (K):
3. Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK] must provide the membership number: and
4. Three years ‘experience with projects funded by development partners and implemented in collaboration with mainstream Government Ministries.
1. Computer literacy
2. Hands-on experience with accounting software:
3. Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills: and
4. Good communication skills and ability to interact with different stakeholders.
The Ministry of Energy is an equal opportunity employer and will receive applications from all genders, and persons with disabilities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications to the Principal Secretary. Ministry of Energy. P.O. Box 30582-00100. Nairobi by 02nd August, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. For further information please contact
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.