Jobs at:National Youth Service (NYS)
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the accountant will entail:
1. Preparing and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
2. Responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him/her;
3. Prepare, verify and upload payment vouchers in the IFMIS system;
4. Collect revenue from income generating streams and remit to Accounting Officer;
5. Make cash payments for duly completed and approved payment vouchers;
6. Balancing of Cashbook, Data entry, Imp rest, Advances, and management of Ledgers.
For appointment to this post, the candidate must;
• Have a bachelor degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution; OR
• A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent qualifications;
• Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters in a sealed envelope marked with the title of the position being applied for; together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 27th May, 2022
National Youth Service
PO Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
• Sealed hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the Registry – National Youth Service Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor.
• Those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as sought for will NOT be considered. No allowed clipboard formats could have been pasted.
• Any form of canvasing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification. ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
• NYS is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.