Jobs at:Social Impact
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• SI is seeking a full-time Accountant to support the Somalia ELMI project’s finance and administration activities. The accountant will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration and will be responsible for day to day office expenses. The Accountant position will be full-time, based in Nairobi, for the duration of the project.
• Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from SI-HQ, local currency exchange, and petty cash.
• Reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with HQ Accounting as part of a month-end close process.
• Record financial transactions into the accounting system, submit each month’s expenses in a timely manner, and upload the expenses into SI’s internal website, SharePoint.
• Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary.
• Liaise with Director of Finance & Administration and the HQ Finance Manager to conduct a final review of vouchers and vendor invoices to ensure the maintenance of thorough financial documentation on all field transactions.
• Ensure open and competitive bidding processes on procurements, in accordance with USG policy.
• Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, and purchase orders, per SI’s Procurement Policy.
• Record all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received.
• Liaise with vendors regularly to collect invoices and administrative forms.
• Provide cashier functions and maintain office inventory as follows: intake petty cash funds; count out petty cash to local staff based on receipts authorized in accordance with policies and procedures; record the amount counted out; and perform cash reconciliations.
• Maintain inventories and controls over project office fixed assets, such as furniture and computer equipment.
• Prepare monthly employee salary calculations based on Kenyan labor law and make the necessary employer's and employees’ income tax and social security contribution payments to local authorities in a timely manner.
• BS/BA in Accounting, and/or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five years of experience with auditing, invoicing, and payroll.
• Demonstrated experience with USAID accounting procedures and regulations.
• Knowledge of electronic accounting systems, such as QuickBooks.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
• Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public.
• Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Strong facilitation, networking, and team management skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Expertise in organizational and prioritization skills.
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
• Written and oral fluency in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.