Deadline of this Job:
25 June 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Managing vendor invoice & tax invoice processing (invoices related to production, small packaging services and project related invoices), shifting expenses to future periods.
• Represent Syngenta to vendors as a face of Accounting and Tax function.
• Deliver high quality set of accounting data to facilitate reporting in specific areas of responsibility.
• Ensure internal controls are performed for specific areas of responsibility.
• Deliver Finance operations services (as defined in global policies and process standards).
• Specific areas: Accounts Payables, Sundry Materials in stock, Prepaid Expenses, Expenses and
• Intercompany Matching (ICM) and reconciliations.
Roles in SAP systems: Accounts Payables
• Ensure vendor invoices and VAT input are processed in accordance with Tax regulations and best accounting practices (invoices related to production, small packaging services).
• Ensure vendor invoice-related accounting documents comply with legal and related tax compliance standards (three-way matching).
• Managing of prepayments as well as vendor relationships, invoice to pay and accounts payable reconciliation issues.
• Support the Lead Accountant, Finance Operations Lead and Finance teams on tax and statutory reporting requirements, provide guidance and facilitate specific business cases (vendor/purchase issues and VAT input area only).
• Ensure compliance to standardised accounting, reporting and financial systems as well as policies and procedures. Also manage local accounting issues to ensure unusual transactions are corrected, accounted for and reported.
• Ensure timely and accurate recording of business transactions in ERP system according to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) accounting rules used for Group reporting for statutory reporting in local ERP system.
• Ensure effective internal controls are in place to support internal and external Audits.
• Ensure that assets are safeguarded in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
• Deliver Finance Operation processes in Country and ensure all these processes/activities follow local and Group Compliance Standards.
Critical success factors
• Meet all group,statutory and tax reporting, and accounting requirements & timetables
• No adverse internal/external/tax audit issues and/or customer issues
• Strong communication and relation with customers, local management, and key stakeholders
• Degree in commerce, accounting or finance or its equivalent
• Excellent IT literacy (knowledge of SAP is an asset)
• Excellent knowledge of relevant local tax legislations
• Basic understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safe-guard the Company’s assets
• 3+ years of professional experience in Finance operations, preferably in Procure to Pay and/or Payments.
• Ability to work independently, to take informed decisions and determine priorities
• Excellent Time management skills with high proactive behaviour to take initiatives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Syngenta on syngenta.taleo.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.