Jobs at:Refugee Consortium of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
03 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for preparing financial reports, maintaining cash controls, posting accounting entries, maintaining accounts and ensuring proper implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
• Manage cash flow for Kakuma sub-office including transfers from the main office, payments and staff disbursements.
• Account for RCK assets in Kakuma and ensure up to date records including periodic asset verification reports are in place.
• Verify all supporting documents for authenticity before entering them in the accounting software system.
• Posting of Journals as directed by the Finance & Administration Officer.
• Ensure all suppliers and RCK liabilities in Kakuma are paid in good time.
• Ensure that high quality donor reports for Kakuma are provided in a timely manner.
• Charged with ensuring compliance to donor and statutory obligations for Kakuma sub-office.
• Accounting for all staff advances given in the Kakuma office and also for ISD functions and events.
• Participate in internal and external audits for the organization as well ensuring that all the requirements for Kakuma sub-office on the same are provided on timely basis and free of errors and mistakes.
• Support the Kakuma Programme Manager in administration work eg. office logistics, Flight bookings, staff welfare issues, leave management, asset insurance etc.
• Support the Finance & Admin Officer in preparing monthly, quarterly, year-end reports and any other donor reports. Ensure that Kakuma Sub-office submits the same reports for consolidation with the RCK Nairobi office, in a timely manner.
• In charge of filing of finance and admin documents for Kakuma Sub-office.
• Ensure implementation of accounting policies and procedures in Kakuma sub-office
• Induct and train other staff on finance and admin matters.
• Assist in other general duties as allocated by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance, or related course from a recognized university
• Professional qualification CPA-2 or equivalent.
• 2 years’ experience with a similar size organization in industry, or from practice.
• Knowledge and experience in use of accounting software packages.
• Experience working with I-tax, NHIF By-product, and the NSSF portal.
• Proven experience in a fund-based accounting work.
• Working knowledge MS Office with an intermediate level of knowledge of Excel. Having worked with ERP especially Office Business Central will be added advantage.
• An ability to write clear and concise reports; very good spoken and written English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts, to be received by 5pm, Friday 18th November 2022. Send your application to: The Recruitment Committee, Subject line: “Application for Accountant/Admin. Assistant Kakuma” Email: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.