Accountants - 2 Positions
Jobs at:National Drought Management Authority
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Summary/ Purpose
• The Accounts Function entails: – applications of sound principles, systems and techniques in accounting for finances of the Authority, assets, revenue, expenditure and costs, accounting for special funds set up under various statutes; management of accounting information; co-ordination and rationalization of estimates annual appropriation and fund accounts; cash flow control; and cost analysis
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
• Preparing vouchers and accounting documents in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
• capturing and maintaining primary records such as cash books, ledgers, vote books and registers;
• preparing simple management reports including imprest and expenditure returns;
• providing cash office services including paying personal and merchant claims
• maintaining cash books, ledgers, vote books and registers;
• ensuring safe custody of Authority records and assets; and
• carrying out bank reconciliation.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:– Commerce Commerce (Accounting/Finance), Business Administration or its equivalent qualification (Accounting/Finance), Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution PLUS Part II of the Certified Pufrom a recognized institution PLUS Part II of the Certified Public Accountants blic Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualifications; and(CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualifications; and
• Proficiency in Computer applications.Proficiency in Computer applications.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• The public is notified of the following:
• All applicants MUST download and complete Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel) and attach the completed Bio-Data Form. Any HANDWRITTEN or SCANNED Bio-Data form not submitted as an Excel file will be rejected.
• All applications MUST be received on or before 23rd August 2022 by 5:00 pm.
• NDMA is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply
• There are NO fees charged by NDMA for any application of these positions
• Canvassing of any form will result in disqualification of the candidate
• ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Interested qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates & testimonial and a duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Authority’s website with the title of the position clearly indicated in the email subject line to email@example.com
• Successful candidates will be required to fulfill the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya specifically clearance from the following institutions;
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• National Police Service (Certificate of good Conduct)
• Credit Reference Bureau
Applications should be addressed to;
• Chief Executive Officer,
• National Drought Management Authority
• P. O. Box 53547 00200
• NAIROBI, KENYA
• Applications may also be dropped at the Authority’s offices located on the 17th floor of Lonrho House, along Standard Street, Nairobi during working hours between 8am and 5pm. Those applicants submitting physical applications MUST also complete the Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel format) and send it to the email address provided above.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.