Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ENGIE is hiring an Accounting Trainee who's looking for a great way to launch his/her career. If you are seeking new challenges and additional responsibilities that will give you the opportunity to work in a busy finance office, this is the job for you. You will assist in preparing financial transactions and reporting for the Nairobi Office, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. The role will report directly to the accountant and will be part of the finance team.
• Assist with documentation review, for completeness, before processing (necessary for expense reimbursements and accounting for advances).
• Assist with managing receivables and following up on outstanding balances, including communicating with staff.
• Ensure all due payments are processed and disbursed on time.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Initiate SAP data entry and maintenance, data reconciliations and generation of monthly financial reports and schedules.
• Manage recurring accounting stakeholders relationships.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports balancing.
• ensure file maintenance is compliant with ENGIE policies, procedures, and local requirements.
• Prepare accounts' payables, receivables, payroll support, staff advances, and accruals schedules, ensuring that they are complete, tracked and monitored regularly.
• Perform any other relevant administrative and accounting duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or any other relevant field is wished.
• CPA is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – is wished.
• SAP knolwdge are an advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
• First experience in accounting
• Fast learner and worker, ready to give the best in accomplishing duties in a timeline.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Honest, reliable, diplomatic, and well-organized.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to ENGIE on boards.greenhouse.io to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.